Benefits of consuming Apple Cider Vinegar
- Helps reduce weight
- Lowers triglyceride levels
- Boosts metabolism
- Helps reduce Body Mass Index
- Helps reduce Visceral fat
- Reduces insulin resistance
- Detoxifies the body
What is Apple Cider Vinegar?Apple Cider Vinegar is a natural product made by fermenting a concoction of apples, water and sugar. (After fermentation there is no sugar remaining). This vinegar has a sour taste (like any vinegar) due to acetic and malic acids but you should find it quite easy to take once you dilute it. By the way it’s great for making real homemade mayonnaise – use instead of white wine vinegar or lemon juice.
How does it help?Drinking Apple Cider Vinegar can help your body regulate insulin levels and reduce insulin resistance. Certain foods such as sugar and carbohydrates cause blood sugar spikes. When this happens your body creates insulin to reduce blood sugar and tells the body that glucose (sugar) can now be converted to glycogen and stored. Excess glycogen converts to fat if not used. Also, when your pancreas is excreting insulin your body does not burn fat. Insulin resistance is created when blood sugar levels spike too often and the body stops paying attention to the amount of insulin in the blood. When this happens the result is a condition known as Hyperinsulinemia that can also cause heart disease by forming plaque in the arteries. Hyperinsulinemia can also cause blood platelets to stick together and can reduce your T3 thyroid hormone causing an under-active thyroid.
Apple Cider Vinegar is easy to add to any diet
- Mix two teaspoonfuls of Apple Cider Vinegar with 250ml water. Drink this mixture once per day.
- You can also add a little apple cider vinegar to your drinking water – experiment to see how much tastes good to you. This makes an excellent hydration drink – especially for summer