- Exercise, exercise, exercise! Including regular physical activity decreases inflammation and strengthens the muscles of your heart and lungs. These organs are vital for the life sustaining flow of blood and oxygen to your entire body and also removing waste.
- Ditch refined sugar. This is the primary villain for increasing inflammation that can damage your arteries, leading to a buildup of plaque and heart disease. Choose plant-based, natural sweeteners that will still satisfy your sweet tooth without negatively affecting your health.
- Make more room on your plate for vegetables. Not only are they full of antioxidants and special nutrients only found in plants, they happen to be a great source of fibre, important for healthy cholesterol and triglycerides (levels of fat in the blood).
- Laugh more… it’s the best medicine of all. Laughing actually changes your chemical composition. It produces more of the “feel good” hormones. Laughing also changes your outlook on life. When you are in a positive frame of mind, you will feel more motivated to stick to a healthier lifestyle.
- De-stress. Decreasing your stress levels significantly impacts inflammation. You’ll likely lose weight since stress hormones are linked to weight gain. Lowering your stress levels usually means more laughter; and you know what that that means!
5 Lifestyle Tips to Reduce Heart Strain
- Featured | Mr Vitamins