- Choose By Category
- Choose By Brand
- Nature Clinic
- Spring Leaf
- Honey New Zealand
- Blossom Health
- New Zealand Honey Co.
- Manuka Health
- Natural Alternative
- Good Health
- Watson & Son
- Australian by Nature
- Manuka Gold
- Red Seal
- Natural Life
- All Other Brands
- Recommended Brands
The benefits of honey go beyond its great taste. A great natural source of carbohydrates which provide strength and energy to our bodies, honey is known for its effectiveness in instantly boosting the performance, endurance and reduce muscle fatigue of athletes. Honey can be a powerful immune system booster. It's antioxidant and anti-bacterial properties can help improve digestive function and help you stay healthy and fight disease.
New Zealand Manuka Honey
Hailed as a new superfood, New Zealand Manuka honey is produced by bees that pollinate the native New Zealand Manuka bush. It's claimed to have all kinds of healing properties from relieving sore throats to healing gingivitis.
Whether you love or hate the taste of honey, the benefits of this golden nectar go way beyond its taste.
- Not only is honey a fantastic source of carbohydrate to give us both energy and strength, but it's known for its ability to provide an instant boost for performance and endurance.
- It's also beneficial for reducing muscle fatigue and can be a powerful immune system booster.
- Honey is packed full of antioxidants and anti-bacterial properties, meaning that it can improve your digestive function, fight disease and help you to stay as healthy as possible.
What makes Manuka honey different from other varieties of honey is its nutritional profile.
- Made up of amino acids, B vitamins, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, and zinc, it contains up to 4 times the nutritional content of normal flower honey.
- If there was any doubt about the health benefits of Manuka honey, New Zealand researchers have also discovered that Manuka honey contains a much higher level of enzymes than other types of honey, meaning that its anti-bacterial qualities are increased.
- All of these qualities add up to what is called the Unique Manuka Factor (UMF), the global standard used to identify and measure the anti-bacterial strength of Manuka honey.
What are the different grades of Manuka honey?
At Mr Vitamins we ensure that all the Manuka honey sold in our online health food store is genuine. How can you tell that? Well, to begin with, the minimum UMF rating is UMF5.
However, the honey is not considered to have any significant beneficial properties unless it is UMF10+. Between UMF10-UMF15 is considered to be of useful benefit, while honey with a UMF of 16 and above are considered to be of a superior quality.
How can you identify genuine Manuka honey?
- It will be clearly labelled on the front of the container with a UMF trademark
- The company name and licence number of the New Zealand UMF licensed company will be clearly displayed on the label
- The UMF rating number will also be clearly visible
At Mr Vitamins we stock Manuka honey and Manuka honey products from a variety of reputable manufacturers such as Comvita, Melora, Nature Clinic and Nature's Finest. All the Manuka honey that we stock ranges from UMF5 up to UMF ratings of 20 or more. We also stock Manuka honey that uses MGO to rate their honey. This rating refers to the level of Methylglyoxal in the honey.
If you'd like to buy your New Zealand Manuka honey online, Mr Vitamins offer same day despatch for delivery throughout Australia.
Honey New Zealand
Honey New Zealand
Australian by Nature