"This gluten, dairy, refined sugar, and nut free brownies are a favourite in our house! They are so simple to make that even my 2-year-old gets involved! Add your favorite toppings to this adaptable recipe (mine are pecans and chocolate chips), or swap the plant milk for brewed coffee to make a mocha version. I hope you enjoy the recipe as much as we do!" - Ashley Collins
- 1/2 cup Organic Coconut Flour
- 1/2 cup Organic Cacao Powder
- 1/2 tsp Bi-Carb Soda
- Pinch of fine Himalayan Rock Salt
- 3 free-range eggs (lightly whisked)
- 1/4 cup Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (solid)
- 1 tbsp Organic Coconut Sugar
- 2 tbsp Organic Brown Rice Syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp organic plant-based milk of choice OR 2 tbsp brewed coffee (cooled (for a “mocha” brownie))
- Preheat fan-forced oven to 165°C. Line and lightly grease a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Combine coconut flour, cacao powder, bi-carb soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Cream together coconut oil and coconut sugar in a small bowl until combined and smooth (you can use a spatula or an electric beater). Mix in the brown rice syrup and vanilla extract.
- Add the lightly whisked eggs to the flour mixture and stir through. Then add the coconut oil mixture to the flour mixture, fold through and combine well. Do not over mix.
- Add the milk 1 tablespoon at a time and slowly incorporate.
- Pour brownie mix into the prepared baking tin and spread it evenly.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and let cool before slicing. Enjoy!
Take out the brownie slab from oven 1 minute early and sprinkle the top with 2 tablespoons of dark chocolate chips.
Return to oven for the remaining 1 minute.
Remove slab from the oven again and use a knife or cake spatula to spread out the melted chocolate chips to glaze the tops of your brownies.