Activated charcoal is not the same type of charcoal that you use for the backyard barbeque! Activated charcoal is actually an age-old remedy for intestinal issues and poisoning. This type of charcoal has been safely used for centuries to detoxify the body from bacteria, chemicals, heavy metals and other toxins as well as relieve the symptoms of bloating, heartburn and acid reflux.
Activated charcoal can help:
- Detoxify your body.
- Help calm and heal intestinal disorders.
- Treat poisoning from chemicals, toxins, and snake or insect venom.
- Neutralise body odour and bad breath.
- Improve teeth and gum health.
What is activated charcoal?Activated charcoal is exactly what you think it is and it isn’t. Burning a substance such as wood, coconut shells, or peat moss creates a fine black powder known as charcoal. What makes it ‘activated’ is that it is then exposed to high temperature oxygenated steam or air. This creates even more ‘pores’ in the charcoal that can trap toxins.
How does it work?Activated charcoal has the unique ability to absorb toxins and gas from your digestive tract and then pass them safely out of your body via your large intestine. Toxins can come from food poisoning, bacteria, pollution, heavy metals, chemicals, drugs, pesticides, parasites, and environmental poisons:
- Digestion Charcoal helps your digestive system by removing excess acid, absorbing unfriendly bacteria, and gas created from food sensitivities and decomposition. This helps you feel better and improves the health of your intestinal tract. The charcoal itself is not digested put passes through your body
- Detoxification Exposure to everyday environmental toxins as well as processed or unhealthy foods and alcohol are detrimental to your body’s well being. Activated charcoal can help prevent cellular damage, intestinal stress, compromised immune system function and allergies that can come from exposure to these toxins. Toxins and bacteria that collect in your digestive tract have a negative impact on overall health as well as the functioning of your brain
- Poison Antidote Activated charcoal has been shown to absorb at least 60% of poisonous or toxic substances including some types of venom
- Dental careIt seems strange but brushing with activated charcoal can whiten your teeth naturally. It has also been used as a mouthwash to eliminate bacteria, help heal abscesses and gingivitis