5 Reasons to use Spirulina dailyHere are our top five reasons why you should consider scooping a few spoons of Spirulina in to your meals and drinks.
- 60% Protein with Essential Amino Acids Protein is super important for our wellbeing, and just a little bit can go a long way to improving your health. Protein’s amino acid chains perform vital tasks within your body, from improving your strength to having healthy hair, skin and nails. Although it’s a prime nutrient you need, our bodies cannot make them itself. This means that they need to be obtained through diet or supplementation. Thankfully, Spirulina contains approximately 60% protein, which has all of the essential amino acids that your body needs.
- Naturally Low in Fat Compared to the protein we get from animals that can be high in fat, calories and cholesterol, Spirulina contains only 5% fat. Most of this is in the beneficial, unsaturated form of Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA). GLA is required for the formation of the prostaglandin E1. This is a hormone like substance in the body, which aids in preventing a plethora of health issues such as heart attacks, strokes, removing excess fluids, improving nerve function, as well as preventing inflammation and pain.
- Easily Digestible Unlike many other plants which have hard cell walls because of higher levels of cellulose, Spirulina’s cell walls are soft. This means that the protein and other nutrients from it are easily digested and absorbed faster. The only food that has more protein than Spirulina are eggs, which are famous for their protein packed benefits. Spirulina is such a complete food; we could survive off it alone.
- Super Nutritious It’s no surprise that the human body prefers nutrients from foods that produce them naturally. Since Spirulina is an easily digestible and nutritious food, it’s perfect for people of all ages. For people who need more energy, such as athletes or those who battle getting enough nutrients from their diet alone, the benefits Spirulina offers will go a long way in improving overall wellbeing. As well as protein, it is also a great source of antioxidants, fatty acids, vitamins and minerals.
- Hawaiian Spirulina is Even Better Hawaii has the perfect growing conditions and intense sunshine that Spirulina needs to be most beneficial. Not everyone can get their hands on the Hawaiian variety of Spirulina, but we did. This means that it has been grown in state of the art facilities in a bio secure zone, free from contaminants, pesticides, industrial waste and herbicides. Plus pure spring water and superior cultivation strategies ensure that the quality is at its absolute best, with the highest nutritional content.