Let these tips guide you to enjoy your holidays...
- Take a moment to stop, breathe and connect with what you want to experience leading up to the end of the year
- Now ask yourself these questions …
- What is my vision for leading up to New Year?
- How do I want to be with myself and my family?
- How do I want to spend my time?
- Who do I want to spend time with?
- How many events to I want to attend?
- What sort of gifts do I want to give?
- Write down all your answers on a piece of paper and keep it close by
- If you start to feel overwhelmed, stressed, sad or anxious. Stop again, breathe, connect with your feelings and read the answers to your questions you wrote out on a piece of paper
- Every morning, before you get out of bed, start a conversation in your mind about what you want to experience today and leave the past behind
A couple of other things to remember …
- Our children and families are more interested in how we are feeling than what we are giving. This quote says it all: “It’s what the giver feels that matters, not the size of the gift” – Isira
- Regarding events … once you have reached your event limit, and a new one comes along, politely say no and organise to catch up with them in the new year. You will enjoy sharing more time together and feel so much more relaxed!