Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Vitamin D 47 products
While Vitamin D is referred to as a vitamin, it is actually a steroid hormone obtained from sun exposure, food sources, and supplementation.
Vitamin D deficiency is more common than once thought and is becoming a real concern.
Dietary intake of Vitamin D is also estimated to be well below the recommended adequate intake level for most Australians. The combination of low dietary intake and inadequate sun exposure are major factors contributing to widespread Vitamin D deficiency. Blood testing can accurately detect a Vitamin D deficiency in children and adults.
Vitamin D (cholecalciferol) is a hormone that controls calcium levels in the blood. It is needed for strong bones, muscles and overall health. A growing body of evidence shows that Vitamin D plays a crucial role in disease prevention and maintaining optimal health.
Vitamin D can also help reduce the risk of other conditions as well, including type 2 diabetes, chronic inflammation, age-related macular degeneration, and Alzheimer’s disease.
According to one large-scale study, optimal Vitamin D levels can decrease your risk of cancer by as much as 60 percent. Keeping your levels optimized can help prevent many different types of cancer, including pancreatic, lung, ovarian, prostate, and skin cancers.
Vitamin D is available as Vitamin D2 and as Vitamin D3. Compared to D2, Vitamin D3 is 87 percent more effective, and is the preferred form for treating Vitamin D deficiency. The best Vitamin D supplement would be a naturally derived D3 1000 IU. Vitamin D tablets, capsules and drops are available.
Vitamin D dosage for an adult depends on the level of deficiency and can range between 1000 IU to 5000 IU per day.
Please talk to a Mr Vitamins Naturopath about options available if you require a Vitamin D 5000 IU supplement.
Supplementation with Vitamin D product may be required in pregnancy and lactation, infants & children going through growth spurts, the elderly, during winter, people that spend a lot of time indoors, people that apply sunscreen and cover-up, people with darker skin and in people with intestinal absorption issues.
Items 1-16 of 47
- 10%OFF RRPBrauerBrauer Kids Liquid Vitamin D (0mths+) 20MLRRP $9.95 $8.95Out of stock
- 30%OFF RRPOstelinOstelin Vitamin D & Calcium 250TRRP $49.95 $34.95
- 31%OFF RRPOstelinOstelin Vitamin D 1000IU 60CRRP $15.95 $10.95
- 33%OFF RRPOstelinOstelin Vitamin D 1000IU 130CRRP $29.95 $19.95Out of stock
- 29%OFF RRPBlackmoresBlackmores Vitamin D3 1000IU 200CRRP $28.99 $20.45
- 41%OFF RRPOstelinOstelin Vitamin D & Calcium 60TRRP $16.95 $9.95
- 23%OFF RRPBlackmoresBlackmores Vitamin D3 1000IU 60CRRP $10.99 $8.45
- BrauerBrauer Infant Probiotic Powder Plus Prebiotic & Vitamin D3 (0-9mths) 60GRRP $34.95 $33.95
- BrauerBrauer Kids Probiotic Powder Plus Prebiotic, Vitamin D3 & Zinc (3yrs+) 60GRRP $34.95 $33.95
- BrauerBrauer Baby & Toddler Probiotic Powder Plus Prebiotic & Vitamin D3 (9-36mths) 60GRRP $34.95 $33.95
- 5%OFF RRPBrauerBrauer Kids Liquid Calcium, Magnesium & Vitamin D (12mths+) 200MLRRP $19.95 $18.95