Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin that has antioxidant, immune boosting, wound healing and disease preventative actions within the body.
Humans, unlike most animals, are unable to synthesize Vitamin C in the body, so it is an essential that we get enough Vitamin C daily from the foods we eat or from taking a dietary Vitamin C supplement.
Vitamin C helps to repair and regenerate tissues, protect against heart disease, aid in the absorption of iron, prevent scurvy, and decrease total and LDL (“bad”) cholesterol and triglycerides. Research indicates that Vitamin C may help protect against a variety of cancers by combating free radicals. Supplemental Vitamin C may also shorten the duration and symptoms of a common cold, help delay or prevent cataracts, and support healthy immune function. Taking Vitamin C for skin health is vital if you want to maintain a youthful and radiant complexion.
While often taken for granted, Vitamin C is a critical supplement in your program to improve cardiac health and avoid degenerative diseases.
What are the signs of a Vitamin C deficiency?
Deficiency symptoms include fatigue, muscle weakness, joint and muscle aches, bleeding gums, and leg rashes. Prolonged deficiency can cause scurvy, a rare but potentially severe illness.
When obtained from food sources and supplements in the recommended dosages, Vitamin C is generally regarded as safe and side effects are rarely reported. However, taking high dose Vitamin C in excess of 2,000mg per day can sometimes cause diarrhea, nausea, abdominal cramps, and other gastrointestinal symptoms in sensitive people.
At times of illness, during recovery from injury, or under conditions of increased oxidative stress (including smoking), the body’s need for Vitamin C is greater and taking a Vitamin C tablet or Vitamin C powder can be of benefit.
The best Vitamin C supplement is one that can be easily absorbed and is long lasting within the body.
Types of Vitamin C to look out for include calcium ascorbate dihydrate, ascorbic acid powder, buffered C, sustained release C, natural Vitamin C from acerola berries, camu camu and rosehips.
Items 1-12 of 89
- OxyMin Ascorbic Acid 1KGAU $59.95 As low as AU $55.00With this product, you earn 60 loyalty points.OxyMin Ascorbic Acid 1KG OxyMin® Ascorbic Acid is 100% pure pharmaceutical grade Ascorbic Acid micro-crystalline powder. This form of crystalline powder is highly soluble in water or juice. Ascorbic acid is an organic acid with antioxidant properties. The L-enantiomer of ascorbic acid is commonly known as vitamin C. This water soluble form of Vitamin C is commonly used as an antioxidant food additive/preservative. View details
- OxyMin Ascorbic Acid 500GAU $34.95 As low as AU $33.00With this product, you earn 35 loyalty points.OxyMin Ascorbic Acid 500G OxyMin® Ascorbic Acid is 100% pure pharmaceutical grade Ascorbic Acid micro-crystalline powder. This form of crystalline powder is highly soluble in water or juice. Ascorbic acid is an organic acid with antioxidant properties. The L-enantiomer of ascorbic acid is commonly known as vitamin C. This water soluble form of Vitamin C is commonly used as an antioxidant food additive/preservative. View details
- OxyMin Calcium Ascorbate 500GAU $29.95 As low as AU $27.98With this product, you earn 30 loyalty points.
- Oxymin Calcium Ascorbate 1KGAU $49.95 As low as AU $46.33With this product, you earn 50 loyalty points.
- Pretorius One A Day Vitamin C 60TAU $18.95 As low as AU $18.65With this product, you earn 19 loyalty points.
- Nature's Sunshine Vitamin C 1000mg with Bioflavonoids 150TAU $29.95 As low as AU $29.31With this product, you earn 30 loyalty points.NSP's vitamin C tablets have layered coatings of natural corn proteins that enable modified release into the stomach. The addition of bioflavonoids and herbs in this formula enhances the absorption and bioavailability of vitamin C and provides antioxidant and free radical scavenging action. Vitamin C plays an important role in the immune system and is necessary in the manufacture of collagen. View details
- Blooms Vitamin C 1000 & Rosehip 500 180TAU $19.95 As low as AU $19.32With this product, you earn 20 loyalty points.Get that super hip vitamin C high! This unique, high dose formula supports your immune system. It boosts your immune system, helps fight respiratory complaints and provides symptomatic relief of colds and flu. High in antioxidants, vitamin C and rosehip, it helps maintain collagen levels and reduces the risk of cell damage from free radicals.Blooms Vitamin C 1000 & Rosehip 500 is bursting with health. View details
- Blooms Natural Vitamin C Powder 150GAU $19.95 As low as AU $19.32With this product, you earn 20 loyalty points.Blooms Natural Vitamin C powder is a convenient, economical way to take natural Vitamin C, with 1/2 teaspoon providing 500 mg of Vitamin C which is: 100% Natural, non-synthetic and GM-free Made in Australia from South American acerola cherry Gentle on the stomach and great for those with citrus allergy Sugar-free, with no flavours, colours or preservatives Great for adults and kids, just add to food or drinks View details
- Amazonia Raw Vitamin C 120GAU $29.95 As low as AU $29.32With this product, you earn 30 loyalty points.Amazonia Raw prebiotic vitamin c is a whole and raw superfood formula designed to nourish the immune and digestive systems while also supporting collagen production. We do not use chemicals to isolate the Vitamin C and its highly bio-available wholefood form allows for easy absoprtion into the cells. View details
- Nature's Own Sugarless Vitamin C 500mg 400TAU $20.45With this product, you earn 21 loyalty points.Sugarless Vitamin C 500mg, Chewable Natural Orange Flavour may assist in reducing the severity and duration of colds. It is also useful in the symptomatic relief of mild upper respiratory tract infections and helps to relieve the symptoms of allergies, hayfever and rhinitis. View details