Lunch today was a delicious and warming bowl of chicken soup that was just perfect for a grey and rainy day.
Super quick and easy to make, and full of superfood spices to reduce inflammation and support gut healing, this soup will warm your soul and nourish your bones.
Here’s the recipe… It’s easy to cook.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, washed and cubed
- 2 celery sticks, washed and chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp rosemary, fresh or dried
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 peppercorns
- 2 good pinches sea salt
- Good splash of apple cider vinegar (about 2 Tbsp.)
- 2 C cooked chicken, shredded (I used last night’s leftover roast chicken)
- 2 L water or chicken stock
- 1 C pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 3 C green leafy vegetables (spinach, kale, Swiss chard, cabbage), de-stemmed and chopped roughly
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat, and sweat the chopped onions and garlic in oil until fragrant and translucent
- Add carrots, celery and spices and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add herbs, seasonings, vinegar, chicken, stock or water and chicken, and cook on medium for about 10 minutes, or until pumpkin and other vegetables have softened
- Stir through chopped green leaves and cook for a further 3 minutes until tender
It’s always time for a healthy Chicken Soup…
My soup today was made with Tuscan kale as that what was in the fridge! That makes it a super healthy green vegetable too.
Next I stirred through a couple of tablespoons of Great Lakes Collagen Powder for extra gut healing support. Yum!