Spring Detox Salad with Fennel, Orange, Cucumber and Dill
- 1 bulb of fennel
- ½ cucumber (sliced)
- 1 orange (sliced into segments)
- ½ an avocado (diced)
- Chopped dill (to your liking)
- 10 black olives (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of fresh orange juice (freshly squeezed)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To begin, peel and segment one orange, squeezing out the juice of the remaining flesh and set aside.
- Whisk together 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed orange juice along with salt and pepper to taste and put aside.
- Wash your fennel and remove the green tops, saving some of the fennel fronds aside.
- Slice your fennel thinly and place in a bowl, along with sliced cucumber, orange segments and diced avocado.
- Drain and halve olives and place in bowl along with other salad ingredients.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and toss gently to combine, adding in chopped dill to your liking. Serve topped with fennel fronds.