Beetroot Hummus hits to spotThis beetroot hummus also contains other nutrient dense ingredients including tahini - rich in essential fats, vitamins and minerals and methionine. Chickpeas are high in fibre, protein, manganese, iron, and are great for stabilising blood sugar levels and promoting weight loss. This recipe is incredibly quick and easy to make and offers amazing flavour, colour and great health benefits.
Raw Beetroot Hummus
- 1 medium beetroot
- 400 g cooked chickpeas
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp coconut syrup. Alternatively (agave syrup, brown rice syrup or honey can be used)
- 2 lemons (juiced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and grate the beetroot using a fine blade grater and place into a food processor
- Add the chickpeas, garlic, olive oil, tahini, coconut syrup, lemon juice and salt and pepper and blend until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- It may be necessary to add a little bit more oil and lemon juice if the consistency is slightly too dry. It should be thick and creamy, like traditional hummus.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.