Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Plant Based Protein 62 products
Vegan, Vegetarian friendly protein, dairy free and easy to digest. The most common plant based protein supplements are: Pea, Rice, Hemp, Soy, Carob
Plant based protein is a great alternative to milk, egg white protein and whey protein. It is derived from a selection of different sources, some of which include hemp, soy, grains, rice, seeds, spirulina, millet, chia, peas, quinoa and sprouts.
Plant based protein, or vegetable based protein, is extremely rich in essential minerals and vitamins, and many also provide the body with fibre, antioxidants, amino acids and more.
The Benefits of Taking Plant Based Protein Powder
- Easy to digest for children, adults and the elderly
- Vegan friendly
- Dairy free
- Suppress cravings
- Great tasting
- Promotes muscle repair
Top Considerations when Choosing a Plant Based Protein Powder
If you’re looking to buy plant protein powder that will give you the results that you want, there are many considerations to take into account, with two of the most important being:
Taste/Texture – This is where the specific type of protein plant that’s used will have the biggest impact. Certain plant sources such as hemp and soy are better suited to different textures so, in most cases, they tend to taste better.
Additives – Protein powder manufacturers add different artificial sweeteners, bulking agents and/or preservatives so it’s important to always check the label to ensure that you’re getting the best plant based protein with the ingredients that you want/need.
Which plant-based protein is best for you?
Soy protein is described as a ‘complete’ protein and is considered the most effective plant based source for building and maintaining muscle. And because it contains arginine and glutamine, soy protein supports digestive health, brain function and it promotes a strong immune system too.
Tip: Choose soy if you’re looking for a vegan protein powder that will support muscle building, decrease cravings, and give you your recommended daily allowance of protein.
Pea protein, such as Passion Projects raw organic pea protein, is the easiest plant based protein to digest. It’s low in two amino acids so it’s best to take it in conjunction with another plant protein such as rice or hemp to make it ‘complete.’
Tip: Recommended for those who wish to avoid animal-based products, but don’t want to eat soy. It’s perfect for people who suffer with digestive issues.
Rice protein contains all essential amino acids, that is all amino acids that cannot be produced by the body. Amino acids are the building blocks of body tissue, of muscle, the immune system and hormones so having them all contained in one protein source is very convenient.
Tip: Rice protein is perfect for vegetarians and those that follow restricted diets. It’s also suited to individuals with gluten, dairy and/or soy allergies.
Plant Based Protein Powders from Mr Vitamins
We also stock protein powders that are derived from other plant based sources. Please click on specific products to get more info on each product’s overview and specifications.
As Australia’s largest natural health retailer, it’s our goal to provide some of the best products from big name brands such as the following:
- Health Addicts
- Designer physique
- Herbs of Gold
- Balance plant protein
- Amazonia Raw
- Vital Greens Protein
- Lariese Hemp protein
- Tony Sfeir’s
- F1 Alkalean Protein
Items 1-16 of 62
- JSHealthJS Health Protein Cookies & Cream 450g$49.95
- JSHealthJS Health Protein Cinnamon Scroll 450g$49.95
- 5%OFF RRPHealth AddictsHealth Addicts Tommy's Ultimate Yellow Pea Protein Isolate French Vanilla 1KGRRP $59.95 $56.95
- 5%OFF RRPHealth AddictsHealth Addicts Tommy's Absolute Brown Rice French Vanilla 1KGRRP $59.95 $56.95
- 5%OFF RRPHealth AddictsHealth Addicts Tommy's Ultimate Yellow Pea Protein Isolate Unflavoured 1KGRRP $59.95 $56.95
- 5%OFF RRPHealth AddictsHealth Addicts Tommy's Absolute Brown Rice Unflavoured 1KGRRP $59.95 $56.95
- 58%OFF RRPF1 NutritionF1 Nutrition Alka Lean Protein Vanilla 400gRRP $39.95 $16.73
- 25%OFF RRPF1 NutritionF1 Nutrition Alka Lean Protein Double Chocolate 400gRRP $39.95 $29.95
- 17%OFF RRPF1 NutritionF1 Nutrition Alka Lean Protein Double Chocolate 1kgRRP $59.95 $49.95
- 17%OFF RRPF1 NutritionF1 Nutrition Alka Lean Protein Vanilla 1kgRRP $59.95 $49.95
- 14%OFF RRPMaxine'sMaxine's Plant Based Protein Chocolate 36SVRRP $69.95 $59.95
- 11%OFF RRPEden HealthfoodsEden Healthfoods Ultimate Protein Vanilla 400GRRP $44.95 $39.95
- 11%OFF RRPEden HealthfoodsEden Healthfoods Ultimate Protein Chocolate 400GRRP $44.95 $39.95
- 11%OFF RRPEden HealthfoodsEden Healthfoods Ultimate Protein Natural 400GRRP $44.95 $39.95
- 62%OFF RRPScitec NutritionScitec Nutrition 100% Plant Protein Chocolate Praline Flavor 900GRRP $79.95 $30.39
- 13%OFF RRPBlessed ProteinBlessed Protein Natural Plant Based Protein (Salted Caramel) 870GRRP $79.95 $69.95