Don't take your eyes for granted. Protect your eyesight with these five tips:
- Green, leafy vegetables such as spinach and kale
- Salmon, sardines, and other oily fish
- Eggs, nuts, beans, and other non-meat protein sources
2. Stop Smoking for Better EyesightSmoking makes you more likely to get cataracts, optic nerve damage, and macular degeneration.
3. Use Safety Eyewear at Home, at Work, and While Playing SportsIf you work with hazardous or airborne materials at work or home, always wear safety glasses! Certain sports can lead to eye injury. Wear eye protection (such as helmets with protective face masks or sports goggles with polycarbonate lenses) to shield your eyes.
4. Look Away From the Computer for Good Eye HealthStaring at a computer screen can cause:
- Blurry vision
- Difficulty focusing at a distance
- Dry eyes
- Neck, back, and shoulder pain