What are the main causes of stress?The top 7 causes reported in the 2013 survey were:
- Personal financial issues
- Family issues
- Personal health issues
- Trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Health of loved ones
- Issues in the workplace
- Relationship levels
What is the cost of stress to our healthcare system?According to Medibank Private Research, the effects of stress are costing the Australian economy approximately $11.6 billion per year.
How can I manage my stress?No matter what has caused your stress there is a lot you can do to help manage your stress levels. It will depend on how long you have been stressed, how severe the stress is and how it has affected you both emotionally and physically.
Stress management helps to reset your alarm systemAppropriate and healthy dietary and lifestyle choices can improve health, balance and vitality to help manage and recover from the effects of chronic stress. Identifying the best natural supplements such as B vitamins, magnesium and the right herbs can help to restore energy and support your nervous system.
What can a Naturopath do to help you?
- Help to identify your causes and address the symptoms
- Advise on the most effective nutrients to support you during periods of stress and recovery
- Support healthy mood, memory and brain function
- Provide guidelines to improve a healthier diet
- Recommend individual stress management techniques