Overcome Fatigue – Essential oils for Your EmotionsWhen feeling fatigued, exhausted and in need of energy, some ‘get up and go’ to get things done, then this blend applied over the kidney area can give you a quick boost:
- Scotch Pine – this warming oil gives a sense of confidence and strength, and can be used instead of eucalyptus in respiratory blends. It is a tonic to the kidneys and nervous system and can help during recovery from illness.
- Rosemary – known to be stimulating to the mind, and generally refreshing, this oil has been used for memory, pain, gout and liver.
Stress Relief – Essential oils for Your EmotionsI am often asked “which is the best oil for stress?”, and my answer is invariably, which oil do you love the most? Your favourite oil makes you feel good, and that helps you to feel less stressed. I have also found that we often bottle up our emotions, deny our stress, and soldier on, because it’s expected. If this sounds like you, then read on. In recent years new Australian oils have been introduced which have a profound effect on the emotional and physical levels. This blend is one I have use with many clients for all manner of pain, emotional and physical, or transition through change.
- Kunzea – key word for this oil is ‘support’, it provides a base and support emotionally so that you can face what life brings.
- Fragonia – my experience of this oil is that it can cause deeply held emotions to be released.
- Eucalyptus Blue Mallee – my favourite eucalyptus for its purifying and protective energy.
Sleep Soundly – Essential oils for your emotionsOver the smell of lavender but need a good sleep remedy? Here are 3 alternatives:
- Patchouli – this one is your oil if you love earth smells, or can remember the hippy era fondly.
- Geranium – if flowers are your preference, then geranium is very healing to the soul as well as sedating to the nervous system.
- Orange – love the smell of citrus and get a little anxious? then sweet orange is your oil
Ease Depression – Essential oils for Your EmotionsDo you sometimes feel life is hopeless? That nothing is going your way? Have no motivation to get out of bed in the morning? That there is no one around to help? Then let this blend remind you of what it’s like to not be depressed, and then consider what you need to do to get out of your drepression:
- Sandalwood – imparts serenity and calmness, and helps over come isolation.
- Mandarin – brings out the playful energy of the inner child that can laugh effortlessly full of joy.
- Lemon Myrtle - fresh smelling and soothing, with the energy of a warm hug.
Overcome Grief – Essential oils for Your EmotionsWe grieve for people we lose in our lives. Dr Elisabeth Kübler-Ross described a 5 step process consisting of: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. Whether due to death or to other circumstances, you still need to honour the grieving process and go through the stages – at your own pace! This simple blend can help with this process of letting go:
- Frankincense – helpful for anxiety and stressful conditions as it deepens and slows down the breath, bring calm to the body as it does so. This oil is said to attract angels and dispel evil spirits.
- Orange – sweet and warm, orange reduces fears and encourages an optimistic outlook.
Boost Motivation – Essential oils for Your Emotions
- Ginger – puts some zing back into your life! Warming and stimulating, the aroma is energising.
- Cypress – space clearing, dispels negative energy that maybe holding you back.
- Grapefruit – the key word here is ‘detox’. In this blend grapefruit is used to detoxify negative thoughts and emotions, making way for a fresh start.