Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Eye Health 56 products
Our sight is one of our most cherished senses and our eyes are the windows of the soul. Most common eye conditions come on so slowly that people may not develop noticeable symptoms until the condition has become quite severe. It makes good sense to take care of our eyes and prevent future vision related problems.
Estimates show that more than 25 million people worldwide are affected by age-related macular degeneration or cataracts, especially people aged 55 and older living in industrialized Western nations.
As we age, our eyes become more susceptible to damage caused by an unhealthy lifestyle and poor dietary choices. Studies have found that a poor diet was a major risk factor for age-related macular degeneration and cataracts. Eye supplements such as vitamin C, vitamin E, beta-carotene and zinc have been found to significantly lower people’s risk of macular degeneration and cataracts.
Simple steps to protect our eyes, include wearing sunglasses and hats outdoors, eating foods high in antioxidants (colourful vegetables are a good source), maintaining a healthy weight, managing stress and avoiding cigarette smoke and incorporating specific herbal medicines, vitamins and minerals.
How can eye vitamins keep your eyes healthy and decrease your chance of developing degenerative eye disease?
Antioxidants, such as lutein and vitamin C, help fight free radical damage in the eyes caused over time by things like a poor diet, blue light emissions from computer screens and sun/UV light exposure. Vision loss and disorders like macular degeneration and cataracts are all ultimately caused by the process of oxidative damage. Oxidative damage can cause problems with blood reaching the eyes, damaging the blood vessels.
Antioxidants like lutein and zeaxanthin protect healthy cells in the eyes while halting the growth of malignant cells that cause damage to vision. Certain vitamins for eye health help fight age-related macular degeneration, which is considered the most common cause of blindness among older adults. Vitamin A is an antioxidant and has been shown to prevent loss of vision caused by degenerative conditions, such as cataract and macular degeneration.
Supplements for dry eyes include omega fatty acids from nuts, seeds and oily fish. Especially oils rich in omega 6 (gamma-linolenic acid) and omega 3 (alpha-linolenic acid) found in flaxseed and hempseed oil.
Vitamins for eyesight improvement not only help protect vision, but they also have other benefits throughout the body.
Items 1-16 of 56
- Wealthy HealthWealthy Health Maxi-Visual Guard Bilberry 10000 Plus 30CRRP $51.00 $49.95
- 34%OFF RRPHerbs Of GoldHerbs Of Gold Macu-Guard With Bilberry 10000 90TRRP $84.95 $55.95
- 25%OFF RRPBlackmoresBlackmores Macu-Vision Plus 120TRRP $59.99 $44.95
- 30%OFF RRPNature's GoodnessNature's Goodness Macula Saffron 500MG 60CRRP $42.95 $29.95Out of stock
- 25%OFF RRPBlackmoresBlackmores Macu-Vision 150TRRP $59.99 $44.95
- 35%OFF RRPHealthy EssentialsHealthy Essentials High Strength Eye Health 100CRRP $90.95 $58.95Out of stock
- 10%OFF RRPNature's GoodnessNature's Goodness Rosemary & Zinc Eye Formula 60CRRP $19.95 $17.95
- 38%OFF RRPThompson'sThompson's One-A-Day Bilberry 12000mg 60CRRP $59.49 $36.95
- 27%OFF RRPSpring LeafSpring Leaf Bilberry 5000mg 90CRRP $29.95 $21.95
- 44%OFF RRPNutralifeNutralife Bilberry 10,000 Plus Lutein Complex 60TRRP $61.99 $34.95
- 10%OFF RRPBio IslandBio Island DHA For Kids 60CRRP $19.95 $17.95
- 19%OFF RRPBio IslandBio Island DHA For Pregnancy 60CRRP $35.95 $28.95
- 23%OFF RRPBio IslandBio Island Cod Liver + Fish Oil For Kids 90CRRP $25.95 $19.95
- A Picture Of HealthA Picture Of Health Triple Strength Omega 3 Concentrate 200C$37.95 As low as $36.05
- 23%OFF RRPCaruso's Natural HealthCaruso's Men's Super Multi 60TRRP $29.95 $22.95
- 23%OFF RRPCaruso's Natural HealthCaruso's Women's Super Multi 60TRRP $29.95 $22.95