- 4 egg whites
- 1 tblsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tblsp arrowroot starch
- 1 cup coconut sugar (pulverized to a fine consistency)
- whipped coconut cream (see “Strawberry Santas” for instructions)
- fresh seasonal fruit and berries to top
- mint leaves (optional – to garnish)
- pinch of Celtic sea salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
2. Line your baking tray with baking paper.
3. Combine ground coconut sugar and arrowroot starch in a bowl.
4. Using a stand mixer, whip the egg whites and salt together on low speed until they start
5. Add the apple cider vinegar, slowly increasing the speed to high, continue to whip until soft peaks form.
6. Turn the mixer back to medium and add the sugar and arrowroot, one tablespoon at a time, until all added.
7. Turn the mixer back up to high, until stiff peaks form.
8. Pipe or spoon mixture onto baking tray (you can also make small meringues- just adjust cooking time to suit). Try to make the edges higher to get a little bit of a bowl shape.
9. Place in oven and bake for approximately 1 hour or until the outside is completely dry to touch.
10. When cooked, remove from oven and allow to cool completely before topping with whipped coconut cream and seasonal fruits/berries of choice.
This recipe was originally sighted on www.bioconcepts.com.au