NSAIDs mask pain symptomsNSAIDs only mask the symptoms of pain but do nothing to help heal the underlying condition that is causing pain. NSAIDs simply keep the bodies COX 1 and 2 enzymes from doing their job. These natural enzymes create the prostaglandin that triggers pain and inflammation in your body. Taking these drugs, even occasionally, can cause serious health issues and side effects.
Side effects of both long and short term use of NSAIDs
- Cardiovascular disease
- Ulcers and other gastrointestinal conditions
- Heart attack
- Liver and Kidney damage
Natural alternatives to NSAIDsNatural alternatives including food, herbs and bodywork have been used for centuries with great results. The following list of foods, herbs and alternative therapies can help you reduce your inflammation and pain without the use of drugs. Don’t forget water. Dehydration can cause pain in the entire body.
- Seaweed (Kelp, Arame, wakame)
- Fish (salmon, sardines, tuna)
- Shiitake Mushroom
- Green Tea
- Berries (blueberries, strawberries, cranberries and raspberries)
- Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Sweet Potatoes
Herbs and supplements
- Omega 3 fatty acids
Complementary TherapiesThese therapies are safe and have long-term positive health benefits. They work well for arthritis, sports injuries, chronic fatigue syndrome, migraines, muscle spasms, spinal conditions, and most other health concerns.
- Chiropractic. This therapy involves physically aligning the spine to reduce pain and inflammation throughout your body.
- Osteopathy. This physical therapy works with aligning the entire body to reduce both skeletal & muscular pain. This type of manipulation is gentle and pain free.
- Massage Therapy. This therapy helps relax your body and physically releases tight muscles that can cause pain.
- Acupuncture. This is a traditional Chinese therapy that uses very thin needles to release energy that builds up along meridians (energy points) in your body. Releasing energy from these points reduces pain.