Kick-start weight loss this summerFollowing a ‘diet’ for weight loss is not a long-term solution. Permanent weight loss lies in challenging your existing food and lifestyle choices, and then making the decision to eliminate or reduce unhealthy habits. There's no magic wand for fast or permanent weight loss, but with some planning, commitment and a little extra motivation with certain herbs and nutrients, you can ‘kick-start’ weight loss and balance your blood sugar levels and thyroid function.
Kick-start weight lossWhen you decide to lose weight, you want it gone! Many of us are unhappy with our weight and it can impact how we look, feel and think about ourselves. You can kick-start weight loss to help keep you motivated while gradually implementing a new and healthier lifestyle.
- Svetol® green coffee bean extract® is a clinically trialled proprietary extract of Green coffee bean that has been shown to assist weight and fat loss, help reduce body fat percentage and improve body composition by improving lean tissue to body fat ratio.
- Coleus may assist fat loss and help reduce excess body fat to maintain and support a healthy Body Mass Index (BMI).
- Carnitine supports fat metabolism by transporting fat across cell membranes in muscle tissue for use as an energy source.
- Gymnemalowers blood sugar levels without causing hypoglycaemia, and if taken 30 minutes before a meal, can help reduce appetite and cravings for sweet food.
- Cinnamoncontains ‘insulin-like effects’, increasing glucose metabolism by around 20-fold and improves insulin sensitivity allowing more glucose to enter the cells for energy.
- Chromium improves glucose entry into cells by stimulating insulin uptake and enhancing its activity. A diet high in simple sugars or refined carbohydrates increases your chromium requirements.
Thyroid balanceThyroid disorders are very common, affecting 10 times more women than men worldwide. Underactive thyroid function effectively ‘puts the brakes’ on your metabolism, so everything runs slowly in your body, leading to weight gain and difficulty losing weight.
- Iodine and tyrosine are required for production of thyroid hormones, so help to maintain healthy thyroid function and a healthy metabolic rate.
- Withania assists in the production of thyroid hormones and helps the body adapt to stress.