- More antioxidants and less unhealthy fatty acids in the fruits and vegetables
- Larger amounts of Vitamin C and Bioflavonoids
- Higher levels of beneficial minerals such as Calcium, Magnesium, Iron, Chromium and Zinc.
- The organic milk was 50%-80% higher in antioxidants than conventional milk.
- In addition vegetables, which included wheat, potatoes, cabbage, onions, lettuce and tomatoes, contained 20%-40% more nutrients.
What does Organic really mean?No artificial fertilisers, synthetic pesticides or drugs, or GMO’s (genetically modified organisms) are used in the production of fresh food, including meat, chicken, eggs, dairy products, grains, vegetables and fruit.
How do you tell if a product is really Organic?There are Organic Certification Systems here is Australia and information about them and the guidelines they adhere to is available from the Biological Farmers of Australia website. They provide a guide with an easy reference for you to understand the entire organic certification system. Alternatively you can grow organic produce yourself!
Why choose organic food?
- You will be getting the highest quality nutrients in an easily adsorbed form
- It will be much tastier – often, how you remember it used to taste!
- You will be eliminating harmful pesticides and other chemicals from your diet
- It’s GMO free
- There are strict standards of certification to make sure it really is organic
- It’s much better for our environment as organic farming practices improve soil quality, conserve water, add bio-diversity and are sustainable
- It protects farm workers from the effects of using artificial pesticides and fertilisers
- It treats animals humanely