We should all be concerned about the impact of heavy metals on our bodies. While some heavy metals, such as iron, copper, zinc and manganese are required by the body in small doses, they can be detrimental to your health in excessive amounts. Other heavy metals, such as mercury and lead, have no known benefits to human beings, and, even in small quantities, can be deemed dangerous to your health.
Here is Part 2 of our 3-part report on reducing heavy metals in your body.
- Take Weekly Clay Baths – Green marine clay has strong drawing and detoxifying properties, the ability to remove toxins through the pores of the skin. Author of The Clay Cure, Ran Knishinsky states, "Because of clay's excellent drawing effect, the clay has the power to literally pull toxicities through the pores of the skin in the bath." Clay baths also effectively stimulate the lymphatic system and deeply cleanse your skin, which is your body's largest organ. Taking a bath with 1-2 cups of Green clay can help to remove pesticides and heavy metals from your body through the skin.
Mr Vitamins Recommends Argital Activated Green Clay - see below
- Daily Dry Skin Brushing -Your skin is one of our largest biggest organs of detoxification and you replace skin cells every single day. Dry brushingis a great way to help support your skin in detoxifying your body through sweat, bathing, etc. If your pores are clogged, the skin becomes less effective in its natural elimination process. Dry brushing also helps encourage lymph flow that helps to flush toxins from your body. It is important to use a natural bristle brush and work from your feet upwards, towards the heart. Use gentle strokes. Dry brush all over and then jump into the bath or shower to help remove the toxins from your pores.
- Detox the liver and gallbladder with beetroot - Beetroots are a valuable source of iron, magnesium, zinc and calcium, and these all support healthy detoxification and better elimination. They are also full of B3, B6, C, and beta-carotene, that are important nutrients for supporting the liver and gallbladder in making bile acids which help to improve and support effective detoxification. Regularly taking a glass of beetroot, carrot and apple juice is an effective way of helping to keep your liver and gallbladder healthy.
- Support an Alkaline Body –A highly acid environment in your body leads to inflammation and disease. Create a more alkaline body by eating more organic fruits and vegetables (especially green leafy vegetables) that support effective detoxification in the. Keep processed foods and refined sugars to a minimum.
- Eat more fibre – Fibre helps your liver to more easily flush toxins through the digestive system. High fibre foods include fruits, vegetables, whole grains and seeds.
- Garlicis a detox superfood – Garlic is considered one of the most important foods for detoxification as it helps to boost the production of white blood cells, otherwise known as lymphocytes, an important part of the immune system.
- Increase your levels of vitamin C– Vitamin C, found naturally in citrus fruits, kiwi fruits and berries is a natural detoxifier that can help reduce levels of radiation exposure, even in people who are living near high risk areas. Taking Vitamin C supplements can be a useful way of increasing your intake.