The many faces of anxietyAnxiety is a psychological condition with uncomfortable physical symptoms, embedded in fear or dread of something either known, or unknown happening, and broadly encompasses:
- Panic attacks
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Physical symptomsWhen you’re feeling anxious, constant nervous system hyperactivity drives a number of uncomfortable physical symptoms:
- Heart palpitations or chest pain
- Sweaty palms
- Shallow breathing or hyperventilation
- Headache or dizziness
- Dry mouth
- Muscle tension
Relieving anxiety naturallyYou can take action by adopting positive lifestyle choices that incorporate regular exercise, a healthy varied diet, reducing stress levels and taking time out to relax. For added support try:
- Withania (KSM-66®): clinically trialled for Anxiety + Stress Withania, in a full-spectrum extract known as KSM-66®, provides the most extensive set of clinical trials documented to significantly reduce anxiety and stress and to improve general wellbeing. Withania is a traditional adaptogenic herb that helps you ‘adapt and cope’ while under stress and increases your body’s resistance to mental and physical stress, promoting relaxation.
- B vitamins: Energy B vitamins as a group, support nervous system health and energy production so help to relieve anxiety, low mood, fatigue and exhaustion. In particular, vitamin B3 has a calming effect on the nervous system, vitamin B5 supports adrenal health and your stress response, and vitamin B6 is essential for the production of those ‘feel good’ brain chemicals.
- Magnesium: Nervous system support Often referred to as the ‘valium’ of the mineral, magnesium helps to calm and relax an overexcitable nervous system. Magnesium also helps to relax tense muscles, relieve headaches and is involved in energy production.