According to leading experts in natural health, if you want to stay looking young, it is vital to supplement with Coenzyme Q10. As you age, the production of CoQ10 tapers off, having less and less of a presence in your cells. As a result, cells lose their efficiency (ability to produce energy) and protecting capacity (antioxidant power), both are important requirements for healthy, dewy skin. After the age of 30 your body’s natural levels of CoQ10 significantly decline. By the age of 50 your CoQ10 levels may be so low that they cannot support optimal heart function, and by 70 your plummeting levels can actually accelerate aging. Besides aging, loss of CoQ10 may be caused by stress, illness or the use of cholesterol-reducing medications.
Why is CoQ10 so important?Coenzyme Q10 plays a vital role in the delivery of cellular energy. It also has potent antioxidant effects.
There are 5 ways in which CoQ10 benefits your skin
- It energizesyour skin. Youthful skin contains plenty of CoQ10 and therefore has lots of energy – energy that is used to repair damage and make sure the skin cells are healthy.
- It is a potent anti-oxidant that acts against oxidative damage from the sun, pollution, toxins and stress. This damage all leads to premature aging that can be seen in the skin. When metals oxidise, we call it rust. When humans oxidise, it is called aging.
- It rejuvenates skin by stimulating skin cell activity. Active skin cells dispose of toxins easily and can make better use of nutrients. When your skin ages, all these processes slow down, causing dull, lifeless, wrinkled skin. Boost your skin cell activity for fresher looking skin with CoQ10.
- It stimulates collagen production, the protein that decreases as we age, leading to wrinkles and leathery skin. CoQ10 helps you make more collagen and is a skin-saving essential.
- It protects against premature aging due to sun exposure - the biggest enemy of youthful skin.