1. Cleansing and Toning are critical for clear and radiant skin
- Cleansing your skin is the foundation of radiant skin. Make-up, pollution, dirt and dust can sit on our skin and clog pores and lead to impurities
- Gently, yet effectively removing impurities and dirt helps to keep pores unclogged
- Applying a toner after each cleanse helps to remove any residue left behind by the cleansing process, and also refines the pores, supports the skin’s elasticity and firmness, and balances the skin’s pH balance.
2. Squeaky-clean can damage your skin
- Over cleansing the skin can be harmful and can further damage our skin.
- Often, teenagers with acne feel their skin is “dirty” and there is a tendency to want to scrub away impurities.
- When we over-cleanse or scrub our skin, or use products with harsh ingredients, our skin’s natural oils can be stripped away, leading to dry, irritated skin and premature signs of ageing.
3. Your skin needs to breathe at night
- Many of us have been seduced with the idea that we need to slap on rich moisturisers, night creams, and serums at night.
- The truth is that our skin needs time to breathe, and it does this best at night when it also regenerates itself, helps to balance sebum control and eliminates impurities.
- Regularly applying rich moisturisers at night gets in the way of the skin’s ability to breathe and can actually create drier, more irritated skin conditions. The reason being that the sebaceous glands receive a “message” that the skin has sufficient oil and thereby, less natural oils are produced by the sebaceous glands
- Heavy moisturisers and night creams can also leave the skin looking and feeling puffy as its natural elimination process is interfered with
- The best routine at night is to cleanse and tone the skin, then let it breathe
4. Quality Natural ingredients nurture and nourish your skin
- Many commercial skincare products contain harsh ingredients, such as parabens, sodium laureth sulphate, artificial colours and fragrances, that can undermine our health as well as our skin
- Natural plant-based ingredients are rich in minerals and nutrients that help nourish and regenerate the skin.
5. Exfoliating, not scrubbing, is essential for radiant skin
- Exfoliation gently removes the upper layer of dead skin cells and dirt to reveal the new and healthy skin underneath.
- As you exfoliate the skin, pores are unclogged and circulation is stimulated, helping to bring essential nutrients to the surface of your skin.
- Regular exfoliation improves your skin’s capacity to absorb moisture and regenerate skin faster.
- Gentle exfoliation, unlike harsh scrubbing, helps remove dead skin cells to reveal fresh, radiant skin without damaging the skin.