Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Chia Seeds 26 products
Chia seeds are derived from the desert plant Salvia hispanica, a member of the mint family.
Chia seeds were an important food for the Aztecs and Mayans, who prized them for their ability to provide sustainable energy. "chia" is the ancient Mayan word for "strength." Despite their ancient history as a dietary staple, only recently did chia seeds become recognized as a modern-day superfood.
In the past few years, they have exploded in popularity and are now consumed by health-conscious people all over the world.
Chia seeds have a mild, nutty flavour making them easy to add to foods and beverages. They can come as black chia or white chia or as a mix. These versatile seeds can be eaten raw or added to cereal, sauces, vegetables, rice dishes, or yogurt or mixed into drinks, smoothies and baked goods. They can also be mixed with water and made into a gel. Chia can also available as a chia flour (chia powder), chia seed oil or as a chia supplement. Chia seeds are packed full of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and healthy fatty acids.
They have an unusually high content (18%) of omega-3 fatty acids – essential fats that are important for heart health and brain function. More than half of the chia seeds fat content is alpha linolenic acid (ALA), which is the plant form of omega-3.
They have outstanding fibre content higher than that of flaxseeds (linseed) or sesame seeds and working out to be around 10g in two tablespoons. Being high in dietary fibre, chia seeds benefits digestion, bowel regularity and healthy stool. When consumed, chia seeds create a gel-like substance in the stomach. This gel-forming action is due to the soluble fibre in chia seeds, and it can work as a prebiotic that supports the growth of probiotics in the gut.
The rich fibre content in chia seeds also helps people feel full quicker because it absorbs a considerable amount of water and immediately expands in the stomach when eaten. This may explain why clinical studies have proved that chia curbs hunger and suppresses appetite, which can also lead to weight loss.
They are also an excellent source of protein and extremely high in calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc and are gluten free.
Why not try adding this powerful, nutritionally packed little super seed to your diet.
Items 1-16 of 26
- 17%OFF RRPPower Super FoodsPower Super Foods Organic Chia 200GRRP $5.95 $4.95
You Will Earn 5 points
- 18%OFF RRPHonest to GoodnessHonest to Goodness Organic Chia Seeds Black 1KGRRP $16.95 $13.95
You Will Earn 14 pointsOut of stock
- 20%OFF RRPEM Super FoodsEM Super Foods Oragnic Chia Seeds 450GRRP $24.95 $19.95
You Will Earn 20 pointsOut of stock
- 15%OFF RRPLoving EarthLoving Earth Chia Seeds 950GRRP $19.95 $16.95
You Will Earn 17 pointsOut of stock
- 14%OFF RRPLoving EarthLoving Earth Chia Seeds 200GRRP $6.95 $5.95
You Will Earn 6 points
- 16%OFF RRPSpring LeafSpring Leaf Chia Seeds 1KGRRP $37.95 $31.95
You Will Earn 32 points
- 16%OFF RRPCarwariCarwari Organic Chia Seed 250GRRP $8.95 $7.50
You Will Earn 8 pointsOut of stock
- 20%OFF RRPPower Super FoodsPower Super Foods Chia Seeds 500GRRP $9.95 $7.95
You Will Earn 8 points
- 16%OFF RRPPower Super FoodsPower Super Foods Chia Seeds 250GRRP $6.50 $5.45
You Will Earn 6 points
- 21%OFF RRPOrgamixOrgamix Black Chia Seeds 1KGRRP $27.95 $21.95
You Will Earn 22 pointsOut of stock
- 6%OFF RRPLotusLotus Black Chia Seeds 1KGRRP $15.39 $14.45
You Will Earn 15 pointsOut of stock
- 35%OFF RRPChef's ChoiceChef's Choice Chia Seed 500GRRP $19.95 $12.95
You Will Earn 13 points
- 25%OFF RRPChef's ChoiceChef's Choice Chia Seed 150GRRP $8.00 $6.00
You Will Earn 6 pointsOut of stock