- Product Overview
Combines St Mary’s Thistle (Milk Thistle) with Chinese herbs traditionally used to detoxify, strengthen and support the liver.
Combines the Western herb St Mary’s Thistle (Milk Thistle) with a synergistic blend of Chinese herbs to support liver and gall bladder health.
- Helps relieve digestive symptoms such as dyspepsia (indigestion), abdominal discomfort, flatulence, bloating, constipation and haemorrhoids.
- Supports the body’s own detoxification and waste elimination processes.
- Stimulates the production and flow of bile.
- Has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects on the liver.
- Recommended Dosage:
Take 1-2 tablets once daily.
Children under 6 years: Take as professionally advised.
- An extra dose may be taken to enhance results or as professionally advised.
- Best taken before breakfast and /or before bed. Drink plenty of water.
Each tablet contains extracts equivalent to dry:
Silybum marianum (St Mary’s Thistle)
equiv. to flavanolignans as silybin 40.8mg
seed 3400mg Taraxacum mongolicum (Asian Dandelion) whole plant 500mg Rehmannia glutinosa root 450mg Bupleurum falcatum root 375mg Scutelleria baicalensis (Baical Skullcap) root 375mg Schisandra chinensis fruit 300mg Lycium barbarum (Goji Berry) fruit 300mg Citrus reticulata (Citrus peel) fruit peel 300mg
- During pregnancy, always consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner before taking herbal medicines and nutritional supplements.
- Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.
Fusion® Liver Tonic supports the liver and gall bladder in four ways:
Detoxification: Liver Tonic contains several herbs that have traditionally been used to promote healthy liver detoxification and the elimination of wastes, including Chinese Dandelion and Schisandra.
For example, according to Chinese medicine, Chinese Dandelion clears Heat and Fire Toxicity in the Liver. These energetic imbalances are traditionally regarded as being caused by overindulgence in greasy food, alcohol, tobacco and similar substances (along with other causes), and may lead to constipation and other digestive issues, especially those considered hot in nature.
Regulation: Liver Tonic supports normal digestion and liver metabolism, and includes herbs such as Chen Pi and Baical Skullcap, which have traditionally been used to stimulate the production and flow of bile.
From the perspective of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), symptoms such as bloating and abdominal discomfort may be indicative of stagnation of Liver Blood and/or Qi, so this formula also includes herbs such as Bupleurum to help regulate the flow of Qi (energy) and Blood and aid their dispersal throughout the body, thereby helping to maintain homeostasis and support emotional balance.
Strengthening: Liver Tonic fortifies the liver by enhancing the scavenging of free radicals, inhibiting inflammation and enhancing immune defences. It includes Goji Berries and Rehmannia, which have traditionally been used to address sluggish liver function (hepatic insufficiency). In TCM terms, this formula also strengthens the Kidney organ-meridian, which is the source of healthy Liver Qi.
Support: St Mary’s Thistle supports the health and function of the liver cells (hepatocytes), while also helping to relieve digestive symptoms such as indigestion and bloating . In Liver Tonic, it is accompanied by Bupleurum and Schisandra, which also have liver supporting properties.
Maximum Quantity Allowed per customer: