Weight Loss Protocol before Summer arrives - Get ready in 4 easy steps.Losing weight is something we all want so we look and feel trim, taut and terrific. Now that the weather is warming up, most of us start to think about putting away our winter clothes and getting our summer clothes out of storage. For some, this is eagerly anticipated, for others it conjures up the horror of getting into a swimming costume! Losing weight shouldn’t be a long, complicated process that leaves you feeling hungry and irritable. Losing weight isn’t about ‘dieting’; it’s about making sensible changes to your lifestyle, healthier food choices and doing some form of exercise. Some people like to enhance their weight loss with herbs and supplements. Losing weight is so much more than just a cosmetic solution; it has far reaching positive benefits for your health, both now and for the future.
What you should expect from the Weight Loss ProtocolYou should expect weight loss, increased energy levels and feel healthier and more vibrant. Everybody’s results will be different. Some may experience withdrawal symptoms, especially if your food choices were high in sugar, coffee or carbohydrates. These minor discomforts should disappear quickly.
Step 1 Easy food guidelines
- Add protein to each meal or snack: protein helps burn fat and you feel fuller after eating
- Eat small, regular meals throughout the day to balance blood sugar levels
- Choose low to medium glycaemic index foods
- Avoid refined foods with preservatives, numbers and colourings
- Consume 5 serves of vegetables and 2 serves of fruit daily
- Choose extra virgin olive oil or extra virgin coconut oil for cooking and salad dressing – butter is OK but avoid polyunsaturated oils and all margarine
- Watch portion sizes
- Drink around 1.5 – 2 litres water daily
Step 2 Physical activitiesPhysical activity uses energy from your food and fat stores to sustain you. Aim to exercise around 5 times per week for at least 30 minutes. Always warm up and cool down to prevent injury. Pick an activity that you might like, not something you feel you have to do. Try walking, swimming, running, join a sporting team for added incentive, bicycling, golf, join a gym or hire a personal trainer.
Step 3 Helpful lifestyle tips
- Reduce stress levels; high stress levels make it difficult to lose weight
- Stop smoking
- Eliminate or limit alcohol intake
- Get plenty of sleep
- Make some time for yourself to relax
Step 4 Enhance your weight loss with herbs and supplements
- Coleus for weight & fat loss Coleus boosts an enzyme that liberates fat from the fat cells, increasing your body’s fat burning ability and weight loss and helps decrease body fat.
- Green coffee bean reduces absorption of glucose Green coffee bean contain chlorogenic acid that helps to reduce absorption, and limits release, of glucose in the body. This liberates fat from fat cells for energy rather than from muscles, important for promoting and maintaining weight loss.
- Green tea and Guarana increase fat burning A combination of epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) from Green tea and caffeine from Guarana provide a greater effect on fat burning than caffeine alone.
- Brindleberry helps reduce appetite Brindleberry stimulates the feeling of fullness after eating resulting in reduced appetite and lower food intake.
- Acetyl L-Carnitine is important for an active metabolism Acetyl L-Carnitine assists in the transport of fat across cell membranes to be used as energy; reducing fat stores and is important for an active metabolism.
Mr Vitamins recommendsHerbs of Goldnutritional supplements for Healthy Weight Loss:
- Green Power Protein
- Acetyl L-Carnitine