Some lesser known benefits of Manuka Honey…
- Better skin health The antimicrobial abilities of Manuka honey allow it to relieve skin conditions like acne and eczema. Daily or every other day, apply the honey to your problem areas, leave it for a few minutes, then wash it off with mild soap and water.
- Reduced inflammation Along with improving wound healing, Manuka honey also provides pain relief and reduces the inflammatory response in burn victims. Its anti-oxidant, anti-bacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties make Manuka honey especially useful for fighting infection.
- Soothed gastrointestinal issues Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) caused significantly less gut damage in rats fed Manuka honey. Additionally, damage caused by free radicals in the rats appeared to be repaired.
- Fewer allergic reactions Taking Manuka honey on a regular basis has been shown to relieve individuals’ seasonal allergies by as much as 60% and decrease their need for allergy medications, like antihistamines, as much as 50%.
- Higher quality sleep Manuka honey promotes deep sleep by slowly releasing glycogen while you sleep. Good quality sleep lowers your risk of many health disorders including heart disease, type II diabetes, and arthritis. Add some honey to milk at bedtime to boost your melatonin level.
- Balanced digestive system Bacterial imbalances in your gut can cause several serious health conditions, yet Manuka honey’s anti-bacterial effects balance your digestive system, heal your stomach, and stop acid reflux.
- Immunity against MRSA Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, or MRSA, is a growing, bacterial infection thanks to the overuse of antibiotics. However, scientists have found that Manuka honey weakens MRSA and can ultimately prevent MRSA infections.
- Improved oral health Just chewing or sucking on Manuka honey has been shown to reduce plaque and bleeding gums as seen in individuals with gingivitis. Its calcium, zinc, and phosphorus content also heals and protects your teeth.
- Faster acting immunity Manuka honey stimulates certain immunity factors within your body allowing you to overcome infections faster. It even interrupts the growth of Streptococcus bacteria that cause sore throat.
- More reliable energy Better than coffee, Manuka honey offers so many nutrients that it boosts your overall vitality making you feel younger and more energetic. Take it daily by eating it straight or mixing it into a detox drink.
Mr Vitamins recommends..
Comvita Manuka Honey
Find out more and shop online for Comvita Manuka Honey
Contains unique plant phenols naturally present at varying levels in honey made from the nectar of the Manuka bush (Leptospermum scoparium).