What is Spirulina?Spirulina is a highly nutritious, microscopic freshwater blue-green algae found originally on alkaline lakes in Central Africa and Mexico. Lake Chad in Central Africa was the source for the Kanembu people and records show that the Aztecs used it too.
10 reasons to take Spirulina daily
- It’s over 60% vegetable protein, which is 95% digestible, compared to 18-20% digestibility for meat protein
- It contains 18 amino acids including all the essential amino acids your body cannot produce
- It provides the highest wholefood source of Vitamin B12, important for vegetarians and especially vegans
- It’s the highest known source of beta-carotene, a powerful antioxidant that our bodies convert into Vitamin A.
- It’s the richest wholefood source of Vitamin E. It has 3 times more than wheatgerm
- It contains 3 times more GLA (gamma-linolenic acid) than Evening Primrose Oil
- It contains 58 times more organic iron than spinach
- It’s the only food that contains 96 trace elements in a natural balance together with vital nutrients including chlorophyll and powerful antioxidants.
- It’s easily digested and absorbed by your body as its cell walls are weaker and can be more easily broken down than other plants, and sea vegetables such as Dulse, Kelp, Nori, Kombu, Wakame and Chlorella.
- Finally it’s a must if you are travelling to Japan!