A natural multi-vitamin, multi-mineral and immune tonicA natural multi-vitamin, multi-mineral and tonic for the immune system, the young bee larvae are fed royal jelly for a few days at the start of life – however the adult queen bee will receive this super nutritious substance for her entire life. Unique in any beehive, the queen is the largest bee in the colony and is the only female with fully developed ovaries. She is the ultimate reproductive machine capable of producing more than 1,500 eggs a day at 30-second intervals. That’s laying more than her entire body weight in eggs each and every day for years! Worker bees have an average life span of six weeks, while the Queen bee lives on average two to three years, and can live up to seven So you can see how performing such an enormous job would need an exceptionally nourishing and health promoting fuel for food!
Super ingredients in nature’s ultimate superfoodHoney and pollen are mixed and secreted by the worker nurse bees to create the royal jelly*. This nutrient powerhouse contains:
- All the B complex vitamins, including particularly high concentrations of Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) and Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine).
- The only natural source of Acetylcholine: Acetylcholine is a major neurotransmitter influencing muscle contraction, learning, memory and behaviour.
- Enzymes and hormones
- Anti-microbial immune factors
- High levels of protein – 12-15%; providing 18 amino acids
- Vitamin C:
- Fat soluble vitamins A, D and E
- Flavonoids: bestowing many beneficial actions including antibacterial, antiviral and anti-inflammatory
Multiple benefits for health and longevityRoyal Jelly has been used in Asian medicine for at least two thousand years as a tonic for longevity, skin health and nourishment. This precious substance has been utilised traditionally for insomnia, stomach ulcers, kidney disease, bone fractures, bronchial asthma, liver disease, pancreatitis, skin disorders and strengthening the immune system. Clinical trials have focused mainly on demonstrating royal jelly’s ability to lower cholesterol and blood pressure. Scientific studies continue to explore the multitude of functions of royal jelly, its many actions and constituents, providing a growing body of evidence of benefits for glucose tolerance, premenstrual syndrome, mental health, immune system support and menopausal symptoms. Royal Jelly is the ultimate superfood!
Southernature Royal Jelly ConcentrateFind out more and shop online for Southernature Royal Jelly here References:
- Balch, P, A., Balch, J, F. Prescription for Nutritional Healing, 3rd ed. Avery Publishing, New York.
- com . Royal Jelly. 2017. Available from: https://www.drugs.com/npp/royal-jelly.html. Accessed 15/3/17