5 reasons why your should add celery seed to your diet:
- Cardiovascular health Celery seed has diuretic properties which means that it helps reduce the amount of fluid in your body. It also contains coumarins that thin the blood. When these two properties come together they reduce blood pressure and improve blood circulation. This seed also contains linoleic acid and omega 6 fatty acids, both essential to promoting heart health.
- Reduces Menstrual Pain This seed has the surprising ability to reduce the pain and cramping that affect so many women during menstruation. Apiol is the active ingredient that supports the endocrine system and lessens PMS symptoms along with helping to regulate irregular menstrual cycles.
- Arthritis and inflammation Celery seed has anti-inflammatory and analgesic or pain relieving properties, making it the perfect antidote for those who suffer from sore muscles and joints due to arthritis.
- Kidney health and gout As previously mentioned, Celery seeds are a diuretic and are often recommended for those who retain fluid, have had kidney stones or gout. They work by helping the body flush out toxins, such a uric acid, that contribute to creating gout and some forms of kidney stones. They are also recommended for urinary track infections and cystitis due to their antibiotic properties.
- Immune system support Celery seeds contain both antibiotic and antiseptic compounds making them extremely useful in fighting colds and reducing infection. They also contain flavonoids and antioxidants that help keep your immune system strong and fight free radicals caused by poor diet, pollution, medication and other environmental toxins. Free radicals are one of the main causes of disease and ageing.