Reishi or Ganoderma lucidum has been used in Chinese medicine for over 2000 years to help promote longevity. Reishi is lesser known to Western medicine but studies have shown its ability to heal and prolong life. This bitter tasting mushroom has been used to help strengthen the immune system, fight cancer, reduce high blood pressure, fight infection and lower cholesterol. Read on to learn more about Reishi’s amazing health benefits.
Reishi has been used to help the following health issues
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- High Cholesterol
- Viral infections
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Shingles and Herpes
- Liver disease
- Kidney problems
- Autoimmune disease
What is Reishi?Reishi is a polypore fungus that grows as a parasite on the base of hemlock, maple and other trees. Most commercially available reishi is grown inside on wood chips. This mushroom is very tough and woody. It cannot be eaten as is but it can be ingested as a tea or in capsule. Reishi is complex mix bioactive compounds but scientists believe that there are three main active ingredients that help increase longevity.
- Ganoderic lucidum peptide
- Protects cellular DNA from free radical damage that causes aging, disease and cancer. It also strengthens cell membranes that protect the cells from damage. This action not only protects but also allows essential nutrients to flow into and out of the cell body.
- Protects the body from cancer by searching out hidden abnormal cancer cells, helps immune fighting cells bind to tumor cells which are then gotten rid of by the bodies T-cells before they can spread.
- Fights heart disease with its unique mix of heart healing substances. It lowers triglyceride levels and blood pressure and can also help regulate an irregular heartbeat.
- Reishi is a powerful anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory. These qualities help prevent nerve degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s as well as supporting healthy nerves and neurons.
- Strengthening your immune system Reishi protects the body from allergic reactions that can cause asthma and common allergies. HIV and other autoimmune disorders greatly benefit from Reishi’s unique immunity boosting properties.