Spring is a perfect time to turn over a new leaf and start on a detox planWhat benefits will you get from a spring detox? Your body can benefit from a spring clean just the same as your home. This winter has been one of our coldest for many years. Whether you like it or not, city living is a toxic environment and in winter we often huddle in heated rooms with no fresh air and reach for those warming comfort foods. Time to refresh and revitalise. Refreshing your body = increased vitality, better sleep, happier you How do you know you whether you might benefit from a detox? Your body is undergoing it’s own detoxification and elimination on an ongoing basis, to minimise damage from toxins and harmful substances. It is fundamental to good health and wellbeing. As yyour body becomes over burdened with the stressors of your lifestyle, these mechanisms become overworked and can predispose your body to more illness, fatigue and feeling run down.
Ask Yourself these Quick Questions...Check if you can relate to any of these reasons...
- Do you feel tired and run down?
- Are you getting sick easily?
- Do you suffer from headaches or migraines?
- Are you having trouble sleeping?
- Do you suffer from diarrhoea or constipation?
- Do you suffer from skin issues?
- Do you suffer from allergies or asthma?
- Do you suffer from digestive issues such as heartburn, burping, nausea or reflux?
- Do you experience muscle aches and pains?
- Has your memory and concentration been affecting your ability to function?
- Do you suffer from anxiety of mood swings?
What is involved in a detox?During a detox your body is being supported to effectively cleanse out toxins through the liver, so that they can be removed via the skin, urine and faeces. This can be done by
- Eating clean, fresh organic food
- Herbs and nutrients that support the function of the your body
- Gentle exercise
- Chewing your food slowly
- Support for detoxification such as dry skin brushing
- Drinking plenty of fresh, filtered water
- Learning how to reduce your toxic load