3 Reasons Why You Need Magnesium
- Energy production -Magnesium is used in energy production and in all the processes in your body.
- Muscle function – Magnesium is important for muscle contractions and relaxation. Low levels of magnesium can lead to cramps and spasms. Remember too that the heart is a muscle!
- Hydration – Magnesium is an important electrolyte needed for hydration.
Organic Magnesium Vs Inorganic MagnesiumMagnesium can be found in either organic or inorganic forms. Organic forms include citrate, glycinate, orotate and amino acid chelate, while inorganic forms include oxide, chloride and carbonate. Organic forms are highly bioavailable and don’t tend to produce the digestive disturbances commonly associated with inorganic forms. In studies, organic forms consistently show greater bioavailability and absorption when compared to inorganic forms.
Magnesium orotateThis is an organic form of magnesium, where the magnesium is attached to orotic acid. It is not water soluble and so does not cause diarrhea that some inorganic forms can do. Being bound to orotic acid makes it easier for magnesium to travel across cell membranes making it highly bioavailable. As such, smaller quantities are required. Additionally, orotic acid is used in the production of cellular energy and has been shown to enhance energy production within the heart.
Magnesium Orotate and Cardiovascular Support
- Exercise tolerance in patients with coronary heart disease is improved with magnesium orotate.
- Orotic acid improves the survival of heart tissue that has been damaged by oxygen starvation
- Magnesium Orotate aids electrical stabilization that has been shown to improve premature heartbeats following bypass surgery.
- Helps to prevent hypertension, atherosclerosis and hypercholesterolaemia.
- Aids recovery after endurance athletic performances.
- Lifts the levels of CoQ10 which protects cells from damage.
Other uses of Magnesium Orotate
- To relieve the discomfort of muscle tension
- May relieve muscle cramp and spasm associated with PMS
- Essential for calcium metabolism - supports strong healthy bones and teeth