Maca has many health benefits such as:
- Potent antioxidant – assisting in reducing free radicals that can cause oxidative stress in the body
- Balances hormones – The mechanism of action is not entirely clear, however, researchers have found that maca can be beneficial in balancing hormones in menopausal women and those with infertility
- Enhances libido – Recent research has shown Maca to increase sexual desire in both men and women
- Improves mood – Maca has been shown to enhance memory and focus (we all need a little of that!)
- Increases energy levels – Maca is considered to be an adaptagen, meaning that it assists the body in adapting to stressful conditions. Maca has been reported to make people feel more awake, energised and motivated after consuming it, like caffiene but without the crash! Sounds like we all need a little maca in our lives!
Some of the great benefits of collagen include:
- Reducing joint pains and joint degeneration
- Assists in repairing damages tissues
- Repairing the gastrointestinal system and reducing leaky gut
- Improving joint elasticity
- Repairing cracked or peeling nails
- Improving skin tone and elasticity
Kiara’s Low-carb, high-fat 3pm Energy Balls
Great for an on the go snack or to cut the afternoon munchies and sugar cravings.
- 250 g nut butter of your choice
- 2 tablespoons of cacao butter
- 2 tablespoons of maca powder (I used power superfoods - maca smoothie which also has cacao powder)
- 2 table spoons of desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 scoops of ATP choc-caramel noway protein.
- Mix ingredients in a bowl until a firm consistency.
- Roll in to ball shapes
- Roll in desiccated coconut
- Pop in fridge for 30 minutes before eating.