Do you like taking baths and are concerned about the products that seem to be highly perfumed. Chances are they are made with synthetic fragrances or essential oils that are not 100% pure. Here are some recipes to make your own Bath Bombs and Bath Soaks so that you can unwind and relax while also supporting your health and wellbeing with 100% pure essential oils. Enjoy ….
Lavender Bliss Bath Bombs (makes 4)
- 1 cup baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
- ½ cup citric acid powder
- ½ tablespoon organic almond or olive oil
- 10 – 15 drops Lavandula Angustifoliaessential oil*
- Moulded silicon cupcake tray with 4 oz cupcake capacity
- Water in a spray bottle
Make your Bath Bomb
- Place baking soda and citric acid in a large completely dry bowl
- Whisk with a spoon until combined
- Add essential oil and your vegetable oil then mix very well
- Moisten with just a few light sprays of water and continue mixing well with the spoon, adding only enough water to make the mixture the consistency of slightly wet sand so it clumps in your hand when you squeeze it
- Transfer even quantities to your moulds with a spoon and pack tightly
- Allow to sit for several hours, overnight is best.
- Turn carefully out of the moulds, put into an airtight glass jar if you’re storing them to keep, or package up as you wish for gifts (sooner rather than later)
- When you are ready, run your bath and then drop in your bath bomb.