Natural Conception vs IVFIt is always best to try conceiving naturally first. However, there are some circumstances such as previous cancer treatment, structural problems and some reproductive disorders like endometriosis, which make conception more difficult and this is where IVF can really help.
How does a Preconception Program improve your chances of successful conception?IVF is a remarkable technology and, when undertaking a preconception program, beginning at least three months before trying for a baby, there are often increased rates of success. It takes 3 months for the eggs and sperm to form, so it is important in this preconception period that the healthiest lifestyle choices are taken to achieve the most successful and healthiest outcome.
A preconception program may include the following:
- Healthy weight - with a Body Mass Index (BMI) below 31
- Stress relief techniques - e.g. yoga and meditation. Look for books or courses on positive thinking. Anxiety can have an adverse result on fertility
- Natal Multi Vitamin supplements– contains all essential nutrient’s for health of eggs
- Balanced diet – especially including a wide variety of fresh vegetables
- Co Q10 supplement – improves the health of sperm and eggs – a very strong anti-oxidant
- Ensure adequate iron levels – again a supplement may be necessary
- Vitamin D – both eggs and sperm have vitamin D receptors, so get yours checked
- Check your sperm health – a sperm analysis should be performed 3 months before IVF
- Medicinal herbs to balance hormones if required