What is it Glutathione?Glutathione is a protein made up of these three amino acids: cysteine, glycine and glutamine. Every cell in your body needs Glutathione to be healthy. Cellular damage is caused by free radicals and is the main cause of disease and aging. Free radical damage occurs from environmental toxins and internal toxins as well as a bad diet and stress. Glutathione can protect and heal your cells from this damage. It also increases the functioning and power of other antioxidants like Vitamins C and E
What else does this super antioxidant do to keep you body healthy?
- Detoxifies your body. Glutathione is your body’s built in natural detoxifier. Unfortunately your body does not produce enough of this antioxidant to fight off the serious toxic overload of living in the world today. Toxins actually ‘stick’ to Glutathione and are then carried out of your body. This action not only rids your body of toxins but also helps support your liver function.
- Boosts your Immune system. With less free radical’s attacking your cells your immune system can do it’s job of protecting your body from infections, disease and cancer.
Glutathione is easy to add to your diet, try these foods and supplements.
- Whey Protein – from Grass Fed Cows
- Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage. Eat either raw, fermented (the best) or very lightly steamed (no more than 5 minutes).
- Organic eggs
- Raw organic milk
- Organic meat
- Garlic and Onion. Best if eaten raw.
- Spices: cinnamon, cardamom and turmeric
Supplements to help your body make Glutathione
- Milk Thistle
- Vitamins D, and C
- Marine Phytoplankton
- Alpha Lipoic Acid
- N-Acetyl Cysteine
A few other natural ways to increase your Glutathione
- Healthy diet with plenty of vegetables, fruits and fish
- Living ‘Green’ reducing your use and exposure to chemicals