The Chinese approach to Hair LossAccording to Chinese medicine, hair health depends on proper functioning of the Kidney and Liver organ-meridian systems. By replenishing your Kidney and Liver energy, and nourishing the Blood, you can help to reactivate hair follicles and promote healthy hair. See how Traditional Chinese Medicine can support your hair in this compelling video... An incredible story! Watch this Today Tonight feature on how Willow battled alopecia (hair loss) and managed to regrow her hair, with the help of Fusion Health. Do you know anyone who suffers from alopecia or hair loss? Blood tonic herbs nourish the blood and activate the circulation to reinvigorate the hair follicle. Also important, are herbs that support the Kidney energy and replenish Jingto promote healthy hair growth. Herbs that support the Kidney often also help to regulate hormonal imbalances that can lead to hair thinning, hair loss or premature greying.
Mr Vitamins recommends...
FUSION Health Hair Tonic and Multi Vitamin and Mineral AdvancedFUSION Health Hair Tonicincludes the following herbs – designed as a special formula because of the synergy in how they work together to help healthy hair growth.
- Fallopia multiflora(He Shu Wu) is a primary herb for nourishing Blood, invigorating hair growth and inhibiting premature greying. In Chinese medicine, this herb tonifies both the Liver and Kidney, nourishes the Liver Blood and strengthens Kidney essence (Jing) to support hair follicle function and development of healthy hair. Research has shown that it inhibits DHT (the potent form of testosterone) and may therefore be a useful treatment for androgenic alopecia (male pattern baldness, which affects both men and women).
- Paeonia lactiflora(White Peony) nourishes the Blood. It can also modulate hormones, particularly androgens (related to male and female pattern baldness).
- Angelica polymorpha(Dong Quai) is a renowned Blood tonic that invigorates the Blood and harmonises the relationship between the Liver and Kidney. Research has found that it may improve blood iron levels, supporting its traditional use as a Blood builder.
- Rehmannia glutinosa(Chinese Foxglove)tonifies the Liver. This herb has been widely researched and found to stimulate the immune system, protect the kidneys and improve skin conditions such as dermatitis (which can be implicated in cases of poor hair condition or hair loss).
- Ligusticum wallichii(Sichuan Lovage)is an important Blood nourishing herb that inhibits stagnation and enhances the flow of both Blood and Qi(vital energy).