Your heart pumps oxygen around your bodyBeginning to beat not long after conception until the end of our life, the heart is one of the hardest working muscles in the body, with possibly the most important function – to pump blood containing oxygen and nutrients around the body to almost every single cell for survival.
Heart Breaker: The facts about fats and cholesterolWith now as many as one-third of adult Australians having elevated total cholesterol levels, keeping the vessels of the cardiovascular system healthy and free of dangerous accumulation of fat deposits is more important than ever. Cholesterol is a fatty substance predominantly produced by the body for the essential purposes of:
- maintenance of healthy cell membranes
- production of hormones
- conversion of vitamin D from sunlight and
- bile formation for fat absorption from the diet
Good and bad cholesterol?The liver produces both HDL or ‘good’ cholesterol, and LDL or ‘bad’ cholesterol, and indeed we need both types for optimal health.
- HDL cholesterol is mainly responsible for moving cholesterol and other fats away from our organs, arteries and tissues for recycling by the liver, whilst
- LDL cholesterol carries cholesterol towards our organ and tissues, including the muscles and the heart
How to improve your 'Heart-Health Numbers'
- Increase intake of oily fish such as sardines, salmon and mackerel and supplement with a high strength concentrated and clean source of omega 3 fish or krill oil from a sustainable source
- Add an aged garlic supplement and include fresh garlic in your daily diet to help reduce total and LDL cholesterol levels by as much as 8%*
- Use of bergamot extracts to lower total levels and reduce oxidation of LDL particles
- Increasing daily fibre intake through consumption of oats, vegetables, psyllium, chia seeds or a supplemental fibre extract
- Consume only heart healthy oils and fats such as olive oil and lecithin, avoiding omega 6 seed oils (canola, sunflower, rice bran etc.) which can be pro-inflammatory and promote oxidative damage to cardiovascular vessels
- Limit sugar intake from processed foods such as juices, baked goods, confectionary and cereals to prevent oxidative stress, production of LP(a) and build up of dangerous deposits of fat in the liver and arteries
May assist in the maintenance of normal healthy blood sugar/glucose levels and LDL:HDL cholesterol ratio in healthy individuals
May assist in the maintenance of normal cholesterol levels in healthy individuals and improve the HDL:LDL ratio
A simple way to increase betaglucan intake to help reduce blood cholesterol naturally
Contains 45% phospholipids and the highest concentration Omega 3
on the market at 24% Fatty Acids (EPA/DHA)
True strengh 3x EPA & DHA. Odourless fish oil. No fishy reflux, mercury tested. Natural lemon & orange flavours. Sustainably sourced