|Nashi||Oranges – Navel||Pomelo||Quince|
How can I improve my immune system in winter?Prevention is always the better alternative to the cure. Following simple dietary and lifestyle tips can improve your immunity and give you a fighting chance against the common cold or flu.
- Eat a well balanced diet that contains plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables, nuts and seeds, fish, eggs legumes.
- Drink at least 1.5 to 2 litres of filtered water per day.
- Avoid pro-inflammatory and mucous-forming foods such as refined foods and dairy,
- Avoid other foods which a low in nutrients and challenge your immune system such as sugar, wheat products, coffee and alcohol.
- Get plenty of regular exercise and relaxation.
- Get a good night’s sleep, preferably 8 hours a night, and going to bed by 10.30pm.
- Always wash your hands before you eat.
- Cover your mouth/nose if you need to cough or sneeze.