Check out Maria’s free Aromatherapy Workshops: Essential Oils for Pain Relief and Essential Oils for your Chakras
Your Aromatic First Aid KitHere is a useful and effective aromatic first aid kit, and few suggestions on how to use it:
- Pain relief – Use for any cuts bits stings and burns, alone or with other essential oils. In this situation lavender can be used undiluted straight out of the bottle.
- Calming – useful in a stressful situation and lowering blood pressure, just breathe the aroma in deeply.
- Antiseptic – mix a little with lavender for cuts where there is fear of infection.
- Antifungal – mix with geranium for long term use to fight fungal infections.
- Antiviral – helps prevent, as well as treat colds and flu’s. Steam inhalations are the best way to use oils here.
- Mucolytic – aids any sort of coughing or sinus problems, mix a little with peppermint to feel you can breathe again.
- Healing – helps with pain, bleeding and is also calming.
- Antifungal – gentler than tea tree, good for long term use.
- Antispasmodic – great for PMS pain or any type of spasm. Add to a cream or carrier oil and apply to your whole pelvic area, front and back, for quick relief.
- Sedative – mix with lavender for high blood pressure, or to calm anxiety.
- Calming – just inhaling the oil can help to lift your mood
- Antiseptic – for infected wounds clean with tea tree and lavender, follow with geranium and orange to heal.
- Aesthetic – just 1 drop of peppermint to 10 drops of any other oil will be enough to add a cooling effect. Combine with lavender for headaches, or lavender and arnica for sprains
- Anti-nausea – just smelling this oil will help to overcome feelings of nausea
- Essential oils are best used diluted, for any where that pain relief is needed and the skin is not broken, Arnica can be used.
- A great oil for bruises, just add essential oils for pain, spasm or inflammation as needed.