The term ‘antioxidant’ refers to a substance that eliminates potentially harmful chemicals generated in the body, known as free radicals. Astaxanthin is a natural substance created by microalgae. It is also found in krill and salmon, and gives them their red colour.
Astaxanthin the most powerful antioxidantResearch has shown Astaxanthin to be significantly more powerful in its antioxidant activity than vitamin E, vitamin C, coenzyme Q10, beta carotene and other carotenoids. Astaxanthin has an extensive array of beneficial health promoting properties and actions including:
- Powerful anti inflammatory effects throughout the body, especially in joints
- Significantly reduces oxidative damage to DNA
- Protects the brain against degenerative processes that lead to Alzheimer's Disease and dementia
- Protects the cardiovascular system against oxidative damage that leads to heart disease
- Boosts general immune function
- Protects kidneys from damage caused by high blood sugar
- Improves fertility
- Improves physical endurance, muscle recovery and workout performance
- Interferes in processes involved in abnormal cell replication
- Reduces the damaging effects on the eyes from UV radiation
- Reduces cataract formation.