Krill oil is extracted from a tiny, bottom-of-the-food-chain crustacean that lives in the icy waters around the Antarctic. Antarctic red krill oil provides the same health benefits as fish oil because it is also a rich source of the omega-3 fatty acids eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), which are essential to health. However, some evidence suggests that the fats found in krill oil may be easier for the body to use than those from fish oil, since most omega-3 fats in fish oil are stored in the form of triglycerides.
Krill oil is a good choice for people who can’t swallow large fish oil capsules and prefer a smaller krill oil capsule. It is a source of the red pigment astaxanthin, which functions a potent antioxidant within the body.
The benefits of krill oil are becoming increasingly well documented, but not all krill oil supplements are the same. Quality ranges from top quality products like Healthy Essentials Krill Oil 1000mg to many low-quality products in the market. It is important to ensure you are getting quality for money and not settling for an inferior product when you buy Krill Oil.
When choosing the best krill oil Australia can offer, it is important to consider where the krill has been sourced, the purity of the oil and the extraction method. Krill that has been harvested from the deep waters of Antarctica have very low levels of toxins and heavy metals.
When we buy krill oil and other ocean sourced products it must be remembered that the oceans are being overfished. It is important that both companies and consumers alike make changes to our behaviours in order to ensure our oceans’ health for generations to come.
Items 1-12 of 14
- Caruso's King Krill Osteo 90CAU $19.95 As low as AU $19.65With this product, you earn 20 loyalty points.
- Spring Leaf Premium Wild Red Krill Oil Complex 700mg 60CAU $29.95 As low as AU $28.32With this product, you earn 30 loyalty points.
- Caruso's King Krill Concentrate 60CAU $34.95With this product, you earn 35 loyalty points.Each odourless 1000mg capsule of Caruso’s King Krill Concentrate contains a massive 75% more Omega-3 than standard Krill Oil. It is 80% richer in EPA, 66% richer in DHA and has 40% more Phospholipids than standard Krill Oil. Omega-3 Fatty Acids are essential for normal development and function of your retina and brain. Phospholipids carry Omega-3 Fatty Acids into your cell membranes and tissue throughout your body. View details
- Bioglan Red Krill Oil 2000mg 30CAU $29.95 As low as AU $26.65With this product, you earn 30 loyalty points.
- Caruso's King Krill 1000mg 30CAU $26.95 As low as AU $26.65With this product, you earn 27 loyalty points.Caruso's King Krill 1000mg 30C is a convenient source of Omega-3 Essential Fatty Acids with a wide array of health benefits similar to other marine oils. The Omega-3 Fatty Acids in Krill Oil are bound to phospholipids thereby providing similar therapeutic effects at much lower doses than fish oil. View details
- Nature's Way Super Krill Oil + Calamari 30CAU $23.95 As low as AU $22.98With this product, you earn 24 loyalty points.
- Caruso's King Krill 1500 30CAU $46.75 As low as AU $29.65With this product, you earn 47 loyalty points.
- Swisse Ultiboost Deep Sea Krill Oil 30C High Strength 1000mgAU $45.95With this product, you earn 46 loyalty points.