Evening Primrose Oil
Evening primrose Oil (EPO) is a rich source of gamma linolenic acid (GLA) an important Omega-6 fatty acid that can only be produced by the body in small amounts. Low levels of GLA have been found in women with PMS and in adults and children with eczema (dermatitis). Some people may not get enough GLA in their diet, therefore supplementation may be beneficial.
Evening primrose is a wild flower that grows in eastern and central North America. The Native Americans and European settlers used primrose for food. The seeds of the flower are gathered and cold pressed for their oil; the oil is then encapsulated and taken as a dietary supplement. Evening primrose oil liquid is only sold in capsule form or as a liquid but not as an evening primrose oil tablet.
The benefits of taking evening primrose oil for skin, can be seen in the improvement in skin conditions such as acne and dermatitis.
The best evening primrose oil capsules to take will contain a cold pressed oil and have at least 1o% GLA present to help your body get the essential fatty acids it needs to support healthy female hormonal balance and optimal health.
The benefits of taking an evening primrose oil supplement include:
- PMS – EPO may help to help relieve the symptoms of Pre-Menstrual Syndrome (PMS), characterised by symptoms such as tender breasts, abdominal bloating, mild anxiety, mild irritability and fluid retention.
- Mild eczema/dry skin – The essential fatty acid may help to support healthy skin and is beneficial for the relief of mild eczema and dry skin conditions.
- Mild osteoarthritic pain – EPO may assist in temporary relief of mild osteoarthritic pain.
- Rheumatoid arthritis-Taking GLA supplements for one to three months may help reduce pain, swelling and morning stiffness associated with rheumatoid arthritis.
- ADHD- The human brain is nearly 60 percent fat. This means that GLA, other omega-6 fatty acids and omega-3 fatty acids are all essential for normal brain function and behaviour. Taking GLA may help improve symptoms of attention deficit hyperactive disorder.
Items 1-12 of 15
- 12%OFF RRPSouthernature Evening Primrose Oil 1000MG 60CSOUTHERNATUREAU$24.95 AU$21.95
You'll Earn 22 pointsEPO 1000mg aids in the symptomatic relief and management of eczema and dermatitis and helps in the symptomatic relief of premenstrual symptoms. Vegan EPO 1000mg helps to relief pain of rheumatism and assists in the maintenance of a healthy cardiovascular system and aids in the maintenance general wellbeing. View details
- 32%OFF RRPEthical Nutrients Hi-Strength Evening Primrose Oil 60CETHICAL NUTRIENTSAU$21.95 AU$14.95
You'll Earn 15 points
- 25%OFF RRPThompson's Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg 300CTHOMPSONSAU$59.95 AU$44.95
You'll Earn 45 points
- 56%OFF RRPHerbs Of Gold Evening Primrose Oil 1000 400CHerbs Of GoldAU$74.95 AU$32.95
You'll Earn 33 points
- 55%OFF RRPHerbs Of Gold Evening Primrose Oil 1000 200CHerbs Of GoldAU$41.95 AU$18.95
You'll Earn 19 points
- 20%OFF RRPNatural Life Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg 360CNATURAL LIFEAU$49.99 AU$39.95
You'll Earn 40 pointsEvening Primrose Oil contains high levels of Omega 6 essential fatty acids, LA, and GLA. Omega 6 acids help regulate heart function, mood and insulin absorption, while linoleic and gamma-linoleic acids may be useful in regulating hormones, nerve function, reducing swelling and irritation and improving the skin’s elasticity. View details
- 13%OFF RRPSouthernature Evening Primrose Oil 1000MG 180CSOUTHERNATUREAU$45.95 AU$39.95
You'll Earn 40 pointsEPO 1000mg aids in the symptomatic relief and management of eczema and dermatitis and helps in the symptomatic relief of premenstrual symptoms. Vegan EPO 1000mg helps to relief pain of rheumatism and assists in the maintenance of a healthy cardiovascular system and aids in the maintenance general wellbeing. View details