Zinc is an essential mineral found naturally in foods and available as a dietary Zinc supplement. Zinc aids in the maintenance of good health and wellbeing as it is found in every cell of the body and is involved in many enzymatic reactions.
Adequate levels of Zinc are essential in the proper functioning of the immune system. It is also important in wound healing and the maintenance of healthy skin.
Zinc also plays an essential role in male reproductive health and in the production of healthy sperm.
Zinc supports normal growth and development during pregnancy, childhood, and adolescence and is required for proper sense of taste and smell.
Natural Zinc is widely distributed in foods such as meat, fish, poultry, cereals and dairy foods.
In general, Zinc absorption from a diet high in animal protein will be greater than from a diet rich in plant derived proteins. The requirement for dietary Zinc may be as much as 50% greater for vegetarians.
Phytates—which are present in whole-grain breads, cereals, legumes, and some fruits and vegetable, bind Zinc and inhibit its absorption. Thus, the bioavailability of Zinc from grains and plant foods is lower than that from animal foods.
Zinc deficiency can be easily diagnosed with a Zinc tally test, hair mineral analysis or blood test. Zinc can be taken in the form of Zinc tablets, Zinc capsules,Zinc powder or liquid Zinc supplement. The best Zinc supplement to take should contain either a Zinc amino acid chelate, Zinc citrate, Zinc glycinate, Zinc picolinate or Zinc gluconate if in lozenge form.
Mr Vitamins stocks the very best Zinc supplements Australia has to offer.
Note: Zinc picolinate may need to be purchased instore via a consultation with a Naturopath.
Items 1-12 of 76
- Nature's Own High Strength Zinc 30mg 60TAU $12.95 As low as AU $12.65With this product, you earn 13 loyalty points.Zinc is an important trace element that comes from our diet. It helps to make thyroid hormones and releases vitamin A from body stores when needed. It speeds up chemical reactions, regulates cell activities, helps your body metabolise proteins, fats and carbohydrates, switches on genes, and stimulates immune responses. View details
- Blooms Zinc Max 50 60CAU $9.95 As low as AU $9.65With this product, you earn 10 loyalty points.Blooms Zinc Max 50 is a high strength, once a day zinc supplement that is beneficial for development and proper functioning of the reproductive system, the immune system and skin repair. Zinc is essential for the formation of connective tissue, teeth, bones, nails, hair and skin and plays an important role in collagen formation. View details
- Nature's Own PMS Nutrient Support Zinc, B6 & Magnesium 200TAU $21.95With this product, you earn 22 loyalty points.Relief of PMS symptoms including mood swings, irritability, tiredness and fatigue. This formulation may also help to maintain normal muscle and nerve function and keep bones strong. Zinc also helps maintain healthy skin and is an antioxidant, helping to reduce free radical damage. View details
- Fusion Health Zinc Advanced With Vitamins C 1000mg 30TAU $13.95 As low as AU $13.32With this product, you earn 14 loyalty points.
- Fusion Health Zinc Advanced With Vitamins C 1000mg 60TAU $19.95 As low as AU $19.32With this product, you earn 20 loyalty points.
- Nature's Way Kids Smart Vita Gummies Vitamin C+ Zinc 60PAU $8.95With this product, you earn 9 loyalty points.
- Thompson's Organic Zinc 80TAU $12.95 As low as AU $12.65With this product, you earn 13 loyalty points.
- Thompson's Organic Zinc 180TAU $24.95 As low as AU $22.65With this product, you earn 25 loyalty points.