Magnesium is needed for more than 300 biochemical reactions in the body. It helps to maintain normal nerve and muscle function, support a healthy immune system, keep the heart beat regular, and helps maintain bone strength. It also helps regulate blood glucose levels and aid in the production of energy and protein. There is ongoing research into the role of Magnesium in preventing and managing disorders such as high blood pressure, heart disease and diabetes.
Many people have experienced the benefits of taking Magnesium for Sleep.
Magnesium deficiency is one of the leading nutrient deficiencies in adults with an estimated 80% being deficient in this vital mineral. Although we only need small amounts of Magnesium relative to other nutrients, we must regularly replenish our stores either from foods or Magnesium Supplements in order to prevent deficiency symptoms.
To prevent Magnesium deficiency, make sure that you’re eating plenty of green leafy vegetables, nuts, seeds, avocados, bananas, broccoli, beans, Brussel sprouts and cacao.
A Magnesium deficiency can cause the following symptoms-
- Hypertension and cardiovascular disease
- Migraine headaches
- Restless leg syndrome
- Aggravated PMS symptoms
- Behavioural disorders and mood swings
- Insomnia and trouble sleeping
- Muscle weakness and cramps
- Eclampsia and preeclampsia
The body loses stores of Magnesium every day from normal functions, such as muscle movement, heartbeat and hormone production
Magnesium can be easily supplemented in the form of Magnesium tablets and capsules, in a Magnesium powder or even in the form of a topical Magnesium oil.
The best Magnesium Supplements will often have a few different combined forms of Magnesium present. When choosing a Magnesium supplement look for either Magnesium Glycinate, amino acid Chelated Magnesium, Magnesium Citrate, Magnesium Orotate and Magnesium Aspartate. These forms of Magnesium are well absorbed and tolerated by the body.
Items 1-12 of 105
- Nature's Sunshine Magnesium Complex 90CAU $27.95 As low as AU $27.65With this product, you earn 28 loyalty points.Out of stockMagnesium Complex combines three easily absorbed magnesium compounds; orotate, citrate and amino acid chelate to assist in meeting the daily requirement of this essential mineral. Vitamin B6 is added as it supports the cellular uptake and bioavailability of magnesium in the cells. Magnesium is particularly important for the healthy function of the nervous and muscular systems, in the conduction of nerve impulses and contraction and relaxation of muscle fibres. Magnesium supplementation may help alleviate muscular cramps and spasms. View details
- Good Health Magnesium Boost 60TAU $17.95 As low as AU $16.65With this product, you earn 18 loyalty points.
- Blooms Magnesium Complex Powder Ultra Strength 200GAU $19.95 As low as AU $19.32With this product, you earn 20 loyalty points.
- Blackmores Muscle Magnesium 150GAU $21.95 As low as AU $14.49With this product, you earn 22 loyalty points.
- Caruso's Super Magnesium Powder 250GAU $24.95 As low as AU $24.65With this product, you earn 25 loyalty points.
- Nature's Own Magnesium Chelate 500mg 75CAU $14.45 As low as AU $8.95With this product, you earn 15 loyalty points.
- Nature's Own Magnesium Chelate 500mg 180CAU $26.95 As low as AU $25.98With this product, you earn 27 loyalty points.
- Cabot Health Magnesium Ultra Potent Powder Citrus 465GAU $64.95 As low as AU $63.65With this product, you earn 65 loyalty points.
- Cabot Health Magnesium Ultra Potent Powder Strawberry 200GAU $35.95 As low as AU $35.32With this product, you earn 36 loyalty points.