Magnesium is needed for more than 300 biochemical reactions in the body. It helps to maintain normal nerve and muscle function, support a healthy immune system, keep the heart beat regular, and helps maintain bone strength. It also helps regulate blood glucose levels and aid in the production of energy and protein. There is ongoing research into the role of Magnesium in preventing and managing disorders such as high blood pressure, heart disease and diabetes.
Many people have experienced the benefits of taking Magnesium for Sleep.
Magnesium deficiency is one of the leading nutrient deficiencies in adults with an estimated 80% being deficient in this vital mineral. Although we only need small amounts of Magnesium relative to other nutrients, we must regularly replenish our stores either from foods or Magnesium Supplements in order to prevent deficiency symptoms.
To prevent Magnesium deficiency, make sure that you’re eating plenty of green leafy vegetables, nuts, seeds, avocados, bananas, broccoli, beans, Brussel sprouts and cacao.
A Magnesium deficiency can cause the following symptoms-
- Hypertension and cardiovascular disease
- Migraine headaches
- Restless leg syndrome
- Aggravated PMS symptoms
- Behavioural disorders and mood swings
- Insomnia and trouble sleeping
- Muscle weakness and cramps
- Eclampsia and preeclampsia
The body loses stores of Magnesium every day from normal functions, such as muscle movement, heartbeat and hormone production
Magnesium can be easily supplemented in the form of Magnesium tablets and capsules, in a Magnesium powder or even in the form of a topical Magnesium oil.
The best Magnesium Supplements will often have a few different combined forms of Magnesium present. When choosing a Magnesium supplement look for either Magnesium Glycinate, amino acid Chelated Magnesium, Magnesium Citrate, Magnesium Orotate and Magnesium Aspartate. These forms of Magnesium are well absorbed and tolerated by the body.
Items 1-12 of 148
- 33%OFF RRPPretorius Kids Gummies Multi-Vitamin (Raspberry) 60PPretoriusAU$14.95 AU$9.95
You'll Earn 10 points
- 23%OFF RRPCaruso's Men's Super Multi 60TCaruso's Natural HealthAU$29.95 AU$22.95
You'll Earn 23 points
- 27%OFF RRPCaruso's Women's Super Multi 60TCaruso's Natural HealthAU$29.95 AU$21.95
You'll Earn 22 points
- Blackmores Professional Nutritional Compounds Z.B.M. 84TBlackmores ProfessionalApply for Access Code
You'll Earn 17 pointsBlackmores Professional Nutritional Compounds Z.B.M. 84T - High potency zinc formula. Combines zinc with essential nutrients manganese, vitamins A and B6. View details
- Blackmores Professional Duo Celloids P.P.M.P. 170TBlackmores ProfessionalApply for Access Code
You'll Earn 20 pointsBlackmores Professional Duo Celloids P.P.M.P. 170T - Potassium phosphate and magnesium phosphate are for mineral supplementation View details
- Bioceuticals InNatal (Iron Free) 120CBIOCEUTICALSApply for Access Code
You'll Earn 46 pointsBioCeuticals is a practitioner-only brand. Only patients who have completed a consultation with us may have access to purchase BioCeuticals products on this site. Comprehensive formula with activated B vitamins combining key nutrients for pregnancy, breastfeeding and in the preconception phase. View details
- Bioceuticals InNatal (Iron Free) 60CBIOCEUTICALSApply for Access Code
You'll Earn 32 pointsBioCeuticals is a practitioner-only brand. Only patients who have completed a consultation with us may have access to purchase BioCeuticals products on this site. Comprehensive formula with activated B vitamins combining key nutrients for pregnancy, breastfeeding and in the preconception phase. View details