Joint & Bone Support
Glucosamine and Chondroitin are building blocks of healthy cartilage. Glucosamine is a normal constituent of the proteoglycans found in joint cartilage and synovial fluid. Chondroitin is also a natural substance found in the body. It is believed to help draw water and nutrients into the cartilage, keeping it spongy and healthy. Together glucosamine chondroitin can support the body’s natural process of cartilage repair.
Cartilage covers and protects the ends of the bones, allowing bones to move smoothly against each other. Osteoarthritis occurs when the cartilage or cushion between joints breaks down leading to pain, stiffness and swelling.
Glucosamine and/or chondroitin supplements may relieve the pain and prevent or slow the breakdown of cartilage in osteoarthritis.
Glucosamine comes in two forms – glucosamine sulfate and glucosamine hydrochloride. Glucosamine supplements are usually made from crab, lobster or shrimp shells, although some supplements are made from a plant form of glucosamine and are suitable as a vegetarian glucosamine option. They are available as glucosamine powder, glucosamine tablets or liquid glucosamine and often in combination with chondroitin and MSM.
Chondroitin is available as chondroitin sulfate supplements, which are made from bovine or shark cartilage.
Clinical trials have now shown that the use of oral glucosamine sulphate 1.5 g daily in patients with osteoarthritis of the knee results in a significant reduction in joint pain and an improvement in joint function. It appears that glucosamine can reduce the loss of cartilage in the knee joint over at least a three-year period, particularly in those with mild osteoarthritis.
Taken regularly glucosamine, chondroitin, MSM supplements may help to:
- Support joint mobility and lubrication
- Support joint cushioning
- Provide joint nutrition for damaged joint cartilage
Items 1-12 of 226
- Dalton Sornado 10 Tea Bags$37.95 As low as $33.98Dalton Sornado 10 Tea Bags from Dalton Pharmaceuticals is a TGA-approved product made of 100% natural ingredients, making it a natural remedy for gout. Containing natural ingredients, Sornado Tea may help reduce uric acid and inflammation in the body, thereby giving gout pain relief. Sornado Tea can be used to assist acute and chronic gout pain View details
- Fusion Health Curcumin Advanced 60C$29.95 As low as $28.98Fusion Health Curcumin Advanced 60C - A wonderful anti-inflammatory, Curcumin from Turmeric can assist in many inflammatory conditions such as arthritis, back pain, joint swelling and stiffness. Combined with the anti-inflammatory actions of Boswellia and Ginger, enhanced by Pepper, Fusion Curcumin Advanced has be specially formulated for arthritis and other painful joint problems. A Synergy Of Herbs For Arthritic Pain Relief. View details
- Blackmores Glucosamine Sulfate 1500 One-A-Day 180T$29.95
- Spring Leaf Green Lipped Mussel 2000mg 200C$29.95Contains natural chondroitin sulphate, omega-3 fatty acids and other components beneficial to the joint and cartilage. Helps reduce joint inflammation associated with arthritis. Helps to relieve pain of arthritis and rheumatismtemporarily. Relieves symptoms of rheumatism and reduces and relieves inflammation. View details
- Herbs Of Gold Fish Oil 1700mg Odourless 400C$25.95 As low as $25.65
- Herbs Of Gold Glucosamine MAX 210T$49.95 As low as $47.65