Did you know that your body contains about 100 trillion bacteria! This is more than 10 times the number of cells you have in your entire body. The type and quantity of micro-organisms in your gut interact with your body in ways that can either prevent or encourage the development of many diseases. Optimal levels of good bacteria are not only necessary for digestive health but also your immunity and mental health. 80 percent of your immune system actually lives in your gut and only 10 percent of your cells are of human origin. The other 90 percent are microbial, so you can see why it is so important to take care of your good bacteria.
Scientists now have recently uncovered a connection between gut bacteria and your brain called the gut–brain axis.
Dysbiosis and inflammation of the gut have been linked to anxiety and depression, which are prevalent in today’s society. Probiotics have the ability to restore normal microbial balance, and therefore have a potential role in the treatment and prevention of anxiety, depression and other neurological conditions such as ADHD and autism.
Establishing normal gut flora within the first 20 days or so of life plays a crucial role in appropriate maturation of your baby's immune system. Babies who develop abnormal gut flora are left with compromised immune systems. Specially formulated probiotics for women during pregnancy are available and baby probiotic powder can be added to milk and food. Mr Vitamins sells prebiotic supplements that will actually help feed the beneficial bacteria in your gut and encourage healthy colonisation.
The best probiotic supplements will contain the following -
- Many different types of bacterial strains
- The bacteria strains in the product must be able to survive your stomach acid and bile, so that they reach your intestines alive in adequate numbers.
- Remain stable and viable for a long time
- The probiotic activity must be guaranteed throughout the entire production process, storage period and shelf life of the product.
Vegan probiotics are available as well fermented probiotic drinks.
If you are unsure of which product is right for you. Please talk to one of our friendly in-store Naturopaths to find out which probiotic supplement is suitable for you and your family.
Items 1-12 of 131
- 41%OFF RRPHealthy Essentials Probiotic 10 - 35+ Billion 90VCHEALTHY ESSENTIALS$67.80 $39.95
- 38%OFF RRPHealthy Essentials Dairy Free Probiotics 10 - 36 Billion 60VCHEALTHY ESSENTIALS$48.20 $29.95
- 40%OFF RRPHealthy Essentials Probiotic 10 - 35+ Billion 60VCHEALTHY ESSENTIALS$48.20 $28.95
- 38%OFF RRPHealthy Essentials Probiotic 10 - 65+ Billion 30VCHEALTHY ESSENTIALS$52.95 $32.95
+33 PointsHealthy Essentials Probiotic 10 - 65+ Billion 30VC is a high strength vege-capsule probiotic formula contains 10 scientifically validated probiotic strains and a fructose free specialty prebiotic (Litesse) that may provide beneficial bacteria throughout the digestive tract. View details
- 39%OFF RRPFusion Health Probiotic Advanced 30 Billion CFU 90VC (Refrigerate)FUSION HEALTH$81.95 $49.95
+50 PointsFusion Probiotic Advanced contains 6 strains of 'friendly' bacteria which can help maintain digestive health, improve the frequency and characteristics of bowel movements and reduce gastrointestinal symptoms such as bloating, flatulence and abdominal discomfort. Important: Please note this product requires refrigeration. It may get warm during delivery transport, and to deliver you the best product we can, we pack it with ice and post it in the early of the day to ensure it gets to you with minimal delay. However, please take serious consideration of your purchase and suggested to choose Express Post if you are far from us. View details
- 50%OFF RRPCaruso's Alive Probiotic 60CCARUSOS NATURAL HEAL$62.95 $31.47
+32 PointsCARU Have you been taking antibiotics or are you suffering from Medically Diagnosed IBS, Constipation, Flatulence, Bloating, Stomach cramps, Diarrhoea, Abdominal pain, Bad breath, Atopic dermatitis or Allergies? Your intestines should be completely lined with friendly bacteria. However, sometimes the good bacteria become out of balance with unfriendly bacteria and the bad bacteria multiple. That’s why it may be a good idea to take a probiotic, especially following illness, so you can replace the beneficial bacteria. View details
- 36%OFF RRPNaturopathica GastroHealth 90CNATUROPATHICA$58.95 $37.95
- 40%OFF RRPHerbs Of Gold Probiotic 55 Billion 60 CapsulesHERBS OF GOLD$79.95 $47.95